Bike keeps losing power to where I have to turn it off and on for it to regain throttle

SupraFast

Reaction score
Visit site
The throttle response when I accelerate / when I'm driving at any random point in time loses power but if I keep the throttle at a steady spot it stays at that speed but if I try to accelerate it then makes me have to turn it off and on again then it regains power and throttle can anybody tell me what's wrong?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Year bike?

Off hand, it sounds like possibly the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) may be the issue.

There were some factory re-calls for '04 and '05 bikes. See below:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The throttle response when I accelerate / when I'm driving at any random point in time loses power but if I keep the throttle at a steady spot it stays at that speed but if I try to accelerate it then makes me have to turn it off and on again then it regains power and throttle can anybody tell me what's wrong?
Updates?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It also sounds as if the fuel pump could be loosing it's ability to deliver volume. It initially privides enough pressure but once the bike is using fuel the pressure diminishes and the pump can not bring the pressure back up. Maybe check the pump filter and see if it got debris. Or a pinched fuel line and/or vent ?