bike shop

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, thought id fill you in on a new(really old) bike shop. Its called total motor 82628335, its a little shop/shed off research rd at pooraka, that i was told about by 2 people. One a bike mechanic and second by a guy who races. This shop/shed looks like a real hovel but have been told not to take appearances too strongly. This guy is meant to be great at tyres/suspension and has one great selection of helmets/sprokets and everything at great prices. I went to sa dirt bike and got prices on michy pilot road 2 at fr $220 Rr 307.41 plus 60 fitting. This guy was $480 for both fitted balanced on bike. The same price for dunlop road smart. As i say this place looks bad but its suppose to be real good

Hey guys, thought id fill you in on a new(really old) bike shop. Its called total motor 82628335, its a little shop/shed off research rd at pooraka, that i was told about by 2 people. One a bike mechanic and second by a guy who races. This shop/shed looks like a real hovel but have been told not to take appearances too strongly. This guy is meant to be great at tyres/suspension and has one great selection of helmets/sprokets and everything at great prices. I went to sa dirt bike and got prices on michy pilot road 2 at fr $220 Rr 307.41 plus 60 fitting. This guy was $480 for both fitted balanced on bike. The same price for dunlop road smart. As i say this place looks bad but its suppose to be real good

Bout time you blokes got a decent sounding shop down that way :thumbup: , never knock the little shops mate because they are usually run by old blokes who really know there stuff.......We have a treasure chest like that up here and my Tyre shop is the same , filthy hole of a shed really but Mad Mick is by far the most popular tyre man in QLD :D

Also forgot he is open 7 days a week and works real late, when i said ill drop the bike after work and pick up next day he said no drop after work and he will phone me later to come and pick up, should only take a hour.

Thanks mate. I use Hanby's on Marion Road as his prices are good and he always manages to squeeze me in....probably because i'm his most regular customer...LMAO.:D I think I paid $460 for Pilot Powers last time. It's the only time I've bought 2 at once...lol

Cheers
Mike

Thanks mate. I use Hanby's on Marion Road as his prices are good and he always manages to squeeze me in

Russell Hanby is the man to see on tyres I reckon.Funny old bugger ,no matter what the weather he wears shorts and T shirt ,he might put a jumper on if it gets too cold ,lol

Got my rear there recently for $280 fitted and the front is $190.

Russell Hanby is the man to see on tyres I reckon.Funny old bugger ,no matter what the weather he wears shorts and T shirt ,he might put a jumper on if it gets too cold ,lol

Got my rear there recently for $280 fitted and the front is $190.

And how are those tyres going Mick? Have been meaning to ask?

:thumbup:

Bloody great mate ,just about to go test 'em out in all this glorious rain :thumbup:

EDIT: Just got home and no probs at all.Didn't feel like letting go at all.Mind you I wasn't pushing it either.

Last edited:
Bloody great mate ,just about to go test 'em out in all this glorious rain :thumbup:

EDIT: Just got home and no probs at all.Didn't feel like letting go at all.Mind you I wasn't pushing it either.

Gotta say that from my experience with them in the wet, they are very confidence inspiring...Have ridden in the wet with the road 2ct's almost like the road was dry, in the past.

Great wet road tyres.

The place is called Total Motorcycles and is run by a guy named Keith.
Helped me alot with chains, sprokets, tyres, batteries, Jacket, Helmets and has the odd secondhand part IF he can find it.

The HJC helmets I got for example $150 new CL14.
Cogs and DID Xring chain for my old GPX $200 fitted.

Worth the extra 10min ride from the city.

Got to start trying my luck my brother in law (as close as it gets) is a bike mechanic in mallala and deals with keith at super special rates, wish he would put a word in for me. He said he gets tyres from keith and puts 100% mark up and still is a good price, so he must get them damn cheap.

Total Motorcycles - Pooraka

Again went to Total Motorcycles to replace the lid I crashed in. Got a new CL14 for $130.00. Never disappointing. Rocked up at 6:30 and he stayed open till I chosen a lid.
In fact if your looking for a shop that's open when others are not go see Keith.

Re: Total Motorcycles - Pooraka

In fact if your looking for a shop that's open when others are not go see Keith.

And dont forget, Maxi Moto is always open till 7pm as well....that has saved my butt when working on the bike...more than a couple of times......Puting new chain on, bleeding brakes....etc, etc....

The small, non distributor backed shops are always the best!

most little shops dont have insurance, better hope nothing happens to your bike, will be sucks to be you......dont mean to sound so cold but its the truth......

most little shops dont have insurance, better hope nothing happens to your bike, will be sucks to be you......dont mean to sound so cold but its the truth......

Most big shops have never heard of a thing called "service"! :(

Most big shops have never heard of a thing called "service"! :(

I understand! I know exactly what your saying, usually best shop is family owned middle sized! I have noticed many people also want service at a cheap price... Only one way to get that and thats why the guys place looks like a shack! Zero overhead.... However like i said most likely no insurance... or someone has no life and has nothing... Its a Catch 22.......

Well Keith replaces anything that is under warrantee so I don't understand your side of the argument really.

Unless ofcourse you mean leaving your bike onsite. If that's the case...

Yamaha dealer will be doing mine for at least the next two years but usually I am happy to do it myself. I dont like leaving my bike with anyone for any period of time.

Last edited:
Keith has said he will not have my bike in there for any length of time because it is too shinny and doesnt want any accidents. It is the chanse i will take if anything happens i have full insurance. I know this man has marked a harley rim that could have been polished out, but instead bought a new $400 rim cause he felt so bad. Family owned mid sized businesses sound like a go, but theres no way we would find one here.

Back