Bike wont start

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Went to set off for work this morning and hit the kill switch as I pulled away,went to restart and just got the engine turning over,but not firing.checked all the fuses and their fine,got lights,the fuel pump kicks in but it just won't start :( ended up deadening the battery in a futile thought it might be flooded.
Any ideas
Daz.

Sounds like what happened to mine a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was the battery struggling so charged it overnight. Still turned over but wouldn't start.

Then I tried starting it and wound the throttle right open while holding the starter down and it barked into life. Was fine starting after that.

I think someone mentioned on here that if you do flood it that's the way to fix it.

Funny cuz I went for a ride in pretty hot weather and when I stopped for lunch I hit the kill switch instead of using the ignition key and when I came out to start the bike it wouldn't fire. Turned over good but no firing. Then I opened the throttle and she started. Seem like it might be flooded a little. My bike is an 07 but new off the show room floor with about 2 thousand miles on it. Maybe it's not a good idea to use the kill switch for non emergency stops? When you try to start it again, open the throttle 20 to 50%

cheers guys.
put the battery on charge before i left this morning,got in,fitted it up and bingo! fired first time
Strange one :confused: maybe I did flood it...

Back