Reaction score
Visit site
Jesus..reminds me of our buddy ShervinRRR's rear sprocket...:D

sprocket.jpg

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a buddy of mine call and ask about replacing the chain. Said when he would give it gas it would make a grinding noise. He took it to the dealership and they wanted 360 dollars to swap it out. Asked if I could do it cheaper and I was going to do it for him but he took it to another dealership lol.

It boggles my mind how anyone who has something mechanical can let it go so far without ever even looking it at. Put the key in start and drive it till it falls apart :/

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a buddy of mine call and ask about replacing the chain. Said when he would give it gas it would make a grinding noise. He took it to the dealership and they wanted 360 dollars to swap it out. Asked if I could do it cheaper and I was going to do it for him but he took it to another dealership lol.

It boggles my mind how anyone who has something mechanical can let it go so far without ever even looking it at. Put the key in start and drive it till it falls apart :/

It goes further than that, sometimes people can't even fell the difference between not right and right! Same guy, destroyed his TRX850 very slowly over 13 years....3 motor blow up's in that time, and when the bike gave up one last time, with a cracked and bent frame, seized rear shock, almost completely seized brake calipers, front and back, bent handlebars, broken rear sets....got on the same bike after I had completed a nuts and bolts resto that bought the bike back to better than new IMHO, with 16kgs less weight, 30% more horsepower than stock, with rebuilt suspension, better, more modern brakes, etc...and his first comment on returning from a ride on the bike was....feels just like it used to!!!!

I nearly fainted! How could it possibly feel like it used to????

Bloody hell, I can feel the difference between having 30ps in a tyre, and having 31ps in a tyre!

Some people just drift through life oblivious to what's happening around them I think!

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
It goes further than that, sometimes people can't even fell the difference between not right and right! Same guy, destroyed his TRX850 very slowly over 13 years....3 motor blow up's in that time, and when the bike gave up one last time, with a cracked and bent frame, seized rear shock, almost completely seized brake calipers, front and back, bent handlebars, broken rear sets....got on the same bike after I had completed a nuts and bolts resto that bought the bike back to better than new IMHO, with 16kgs less weight, 30% more horsepower than stock, with rebuilt suspension, better, more modern brakes, etc...and his first comment on returning from a ride on the bike was....feels just like it used to!!!!

I nearly fainted! How could it possibly feel like it used to????

Bloody hell, I can feel the difference between having 30ps in a tyre, and having 31ps in a tyre!

Some people just drift through life oblivious to what's happening around them I think!

If he was'nt takin the p1ss when he said that,how did you stop yourself givin him one upside the head:confused:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Jesus..reminds me of our buddy ShervinRRR's rear sprocket...:D

sprocket.jpg

Yeah,I've seen a few dirtbike rears like that.As someone said,people that have no CDF(common dog f*#k/aussie army term for common sense)should'nt own anything more mechanical than a microwave oven.:rolleyes:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah,I've seen a few dirtbike rears like that.As someone said,people that have no CDF(common dog f*#k/aussie army term for common sense)should'nt own anything more mechanical than a microwave oven.:rolleyes:

Then they wouls put tin foil in the microwave, and wonder why it blew up! :eek: