Blinker PROB's

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Recently installed a clear alternatives LED brake light / blinker eliminator, and the right side works beautifully in tandem with the stock units. The left side is another story, only the stock unit works, while the tail only dims slightly. We crossed the right male to the left female, and the left worked. Any tips /hints would be great as to what the malfunction would be. You guys rock, thanks in advance.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not completely understanding the right/left female/male you're talking about.

You may not have the ground path you need for this to perform properly and may have to tie the ground path for each directional lamp to the tail lamp ground. I would imagine that all of the ground paths will be that same chassis potential anyway..

So I'm thinking you have a running light signal, a brake light signal and ground return. Then you have the left signal and the right signal. Do you have a ground return for the left and right signal and if you do are they required?

nikkifezz

Reaction score
Visit site
Recently installed a clear alternatives LED brake light / blinker eliminator, and the right side works beautifully in tandem with the stock units. The left side is another story, only the stock unit works, while the tail only dims slightly. We crossed the right male to the left female, and the left worked. Any tips /hints would be great as to what the malfunction would be. You guys rock, thanks in advance.

maybe you need a resistor?

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not completely understanding the right/left female/male you're talking about.

You may not have the ground path you need for this to perform properly and may have to tie the ground path for each directional lamp to the tail lamp ground. I would imagine that all of the ground paths will be that same chassis potential anyway..

So I'm thinking you have a running light signal, a brake light signal and ground return. Then you have the left signal and the right signal. Do you have a ground return for the left and right signal and if you do are they required?

Found the prob... The ground for the left shorted to the exhaust... so a few fuses later I figured it out... Thanks for the idea.