Braided brake line set-up?

Mikeyc22

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey theres two kinds of set-up being offered by braided brake line companies

(Over the mud guard)
http://bit.ly/1622Ea7

&

(2 for the front for race setup which travel directly from the master cylinder to each caliper instead of the standard setup)
http://bit.ly/1622Czh

Any of you expereinced these? Which one is better?
Pics of the race set-up would be helpful
Thanks

2hz9.jpg

Last edited:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i have gone the over the mudguard route. i like aestetics and did not want that clamp in the middle of the mudguard not to be used and did not want lines criss crossing in front of the rad but the race setup is easier to bleed apparently.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the two separate lines (Hel's).

Their not as neat looking as the over the fender "loop"/stock style but are EASIER TO BLEED as there's NO hoop to TRAP AIR.

I was able to use the center fender plastic hook for the left line coming over to the right side, both lines then run up to the MC. Both attach as stock but with a longer bolt and an addtional washer.

Last edited:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I struggled with this question at the end of the season last year when I bought my Galfers. I was looking for any science that might drive the decision. I was not concerned with looks.

What I found our was that from a performance perspective all the options will bring much better braking than can be found on the worn rubber lines. What eventually made me go with the 2-line kit was the fact that this setup uses more brake fluid and therefore can dissipate more heat.

Now..in all honesty, I will NEVER ride so hard as to need the extra fluid to manage heat.....but I feel that I DID find a meaningful difference between the options and used that to drive my decision.

SmokeEater37

Reaction score
Visit site
Option #2 with the double lines from the master cylinder is what the mechanics at my local, and very reputable, dealership recommended. So that's what I opted for and the result over stock rubber lines is very improved and noticeable right away.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
It is a decision that I have been mulling over myself. Same price from HEL I believe. Personally, I like the stock over the mud guard split look, but like the idea of easier bleeding. Still on the fence...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought mine, I didn't know (or there weren't any back then) there were optional routes as I ordered them thru my local private guy.

I had to have the fronts made slightly longer for the risers/setback's.

Mikeyc22

Reaction score
Visit site
I have bought the 'Hel over the mudguard' set-up with Carbon fibre effect hoses and silver banjos. Will post pics when it arrives and I fit it.

Thanks for replies.