Venhill braided brake lines installed

ltdillard

commutaholic
Reaction score
Visit site
Recently I replaced my stock lines with new Venhill braided lines. I bought the carbon-look ones. I additionally replaced all the seals and pads. Overall it was a straightforward process, although I did have a little trouble getting the front brakes to firm up when bleeding them.

Since the front setup changed from one line down from the master cylinder to two, I also fabricated some small mounts so I could then zip-tie each side near the fender.

What I purchased from Venhill:
  • Venhill Braided Front Brake Lines 2004-2016 Yamaha FZ6/FZ6R, YAM-6028F (1)
  • Venhill Braided Rear Brake Line 2004-2016 Yamaha FZ6/FZ6R, YAM-6028R (1)

Other stuff:
  • EBC Organic Brake Pads Front (2)
  • EBC Organic Brake Pads Rear (1)
  • Caliper seal kit, 3MA-25803-10-00 (2)
  • Caliper seal kit, 3GM-25803-10-00 (2)
  • Caliper seal kit, 5SL-25803-00-00 (1)

Attachments

• venhill3.jpg
    venhill3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 74
  • venhill2.jpg
    venhill2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 84
  • venhill1.jpg
    venhill1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 82

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Venhill Steel Braided brake lines installed, it's about 6 years old. The lines really got discolored from age and the sunlight. It use to be clear or silver, know it's an ugly brown. I might have also blown one of the lines, I have to double check where the leak is coming from. Could be from the fork seals or could be somewhere from the brake lines or caliper.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Venhill Steel Braided brake lines installed, it's about 6 years old. The lines really got discolored from age and the sunlight. It use to be clear or silver, know it's an ugly brown. I might have also blown one of the lines, I have to double check where the leak is coming from. Could be from the fork seals or could be somewhere from the brake lines or caliper.

Same thing happened after 2-3 years of usage. I don't think it's because of any leak. I don't know why it turns from silver to black. If you'll buy this brand, choose black brake lines. I think of contacting this company, may be they can send new lines free. I remember that their customer service was very kind.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job with the brackets and the lines look good...

I bought the HEL Dual lines(like you did) but didn't care for how the lines routed down and since changed them to an over the fender(stock style set up).

My lines are easily 5 years old, (the silver SS lines) and haven't discolored what so ever.

Here's a pic of the rear line (most visible to the sun, weather, etc):