brake bleed / flush

vb7prog

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I did a brake flush today. But I think I may have messed it up ?

I attached the speed bleeding kit to the speed bleeder valve on my front right brake and then opened the valve, and pressed the front brake to pump fluid through the system. I pumped until the reservoir was low then I topped it off. I never introduced air from the upper reservoir because it never got too low, after about 1 reservoir each side pure nice brake fluid was coming through. I closed the valves and I think presto, I am done.

The issue is, upon re watching the tutorial, it says to make sure to, pump the brakes, keep the valve depressed, open the valve, let fluid come thru, tighten valve and THEN you can release the brakes. I was releasing the brakes the whole time, keeping the valve open and connected to the bleeder kit.

So, the question is, did I suck a lot of air into the system. If so, is the remedy just re-bleed , flush the proper way and I am good to go, or did I mess up and need a different type of repair.

I also saw it is useful to zip tie the brake lever overnight to allow bubbles to flow to the top, will that remedy the situation

Thanks in advance.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I never used the speed bleeder, but is your brake lever soft now?

If it is, sounds like you have a "do over" but the way as in the instructions.

If doing a vacuum bleeding, the valve has to have negative pressure whenever the stock bleeder is open..