Brake caliper upgrade

MDN91

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I own a '06 FZ6 N (Euro spec, 98 hp) and are considering upgrading from the stock floating calipers, to some 4 pots either from a R6/R1/FZ6 S2 - have anyone done this mod, and if so, would like to share some experience? Like, how much of a difference it makes?

Furthermore, any troubles with it? I have just bought EBC Vee discs and EBC sintered brake pads for the stock calipers, but the thread got stripped on one of my calipers when undoing them, so I may have to replace one of the calipers anyway, if I can't save it with a helicoil. I expect i'll have to get new lines and of course new pads, anything else i'm missing, IF I decide to do this mod?

Hope you guys can help :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As I know it, there is no quick bolt on solution and depending on your riding style, you may not benefit from 2 pot slider to 4 pot fixed.

To make the S2 caliper or early R6 200X calipers fit you need the R6 forks and axle to go with them. Then its a direct bolt on. I have forks on a S2 chassis.

PS late model FZ S2 calipers are better than 02-04 R6 calipers. You'll get better pad wear from the S2's...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Should you replace the front lines, I would recommend going to stainless steel.

Their much cheaper($) than OEMs and would firm up the brakes a bit(especially under hard stopping).