Buell Free Hydropack

surfinfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah... I was just going to post that, but you beat me to it I guess. I went down to the buell dealer today and rode a uly. I know there are a lot of you who like those, but I couldn't stand it! In fact, I walked away from it feeling really great about owning an fz6. And to think that the buell is twice the price! BTW, the pack is nice. Definitely worth getting.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah... I was just going to post that, but you beat me to it I guess. I went down to the buell dealer today and rode a uly. I know there are a lot of you who like those, but I couldn't stand it! In fact, I walked away from it feeling really great about owning an fz6. And to think that the buell is twice the price! BTW, the pack is nice. Definitely worth getting.

What did you not like? I loved everything about the bike but the motor. Yeah it had good power, but one of the most narrow powerbands I can remember. Just as you start really moving, you hit the limiter. That and it was soooo crude, always shaking and rolling, never really finding a smooth spot. For $13k I expected more refinement. I guess I will have to wait untill the 1125R motor becomes the lineup standard!:thumbup:

surfinfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
I pretty much feel the same way you do about it. I liked the look and the seating position is comfortable, but the engine sucks. It shook worse than any bike I've ever been on, and even on a 30 min. test ride I couldn't wait to get off of it. I also wasn't really used to the powerband, having ridden the fazer over to the dealer. However, I think that I could get used to the lower rpm after a while. Like you said... it all comes down to the price tag on it. Just not worth it.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I pretty much feel the same way you do about it. I liked the look and the seating position is comfortable, but the engine sucks. It shook worse than any bike I've ever been on, and even on a 30 min. test ride I couldn't wait to get off of it. I also wasn't really used to the powerband, having ridden the fazer over to the dealer. However, I think that I could get used to the lower rpm after a while. Like you said... it all comes down to the price tag on it. Just not worth it.

Bangor, eh? I was born and raised in Old Town. This forum is really being taken over by us New Englanders! ;)

I have to go down next week and test one to get my pack. Hope the weather hold out for a weekend ride!

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to a Buell/Harley dealer for a test ride. The salesman asked if I was serious about buying or if I just wanted the Hydration pack. Well...I told the truth..I just wanted the hydro pack. He had me fill out a form and gave me the pack. He said that they are not really set up for test rides. No problem...got my freebe

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to a Buell/Harley dealer for a test ride. The salesman asked if I was serious about buying or if I just wanted the Hydration pack. Well...I told the truth..I just wanted the hydro pack. He had me fill out a form and gave me the pack. He said that they are not really set up for test rides. No problem...got my freebe

Let me guess, you went to the dealership in Villa Park? I was there a few weekends back as well, and went through the same thing. The funny thing though is that my buddy and I DID want to test ride a Buell for the heck of it, but they only had the monsterous Ulyssess available.

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I havent got a chance to try on yet hopefully this weekend...
I hope I just need to go thru fill up paperwork and got my backpack
Buell has a good design and I belived they would need to do lot refinement for the engine other then that they re good to go.........

Let me guess, you went to the dealership in Villa Park? I was there a few weekends back as well, and went through the same thing. The funny thing though is that my buddy and I DID want to test ride a Buell for the heck of it, but they only had the monsterous Ulyssess available.

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
nope...I went to the one in Shorewood (or Joliet?) just off of I55. I really just went there for the pack, but I test ride would have been nice