Bugs, blind turns with stopped cars, and a stalled bike.

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a wondeful ride up to Morgan and Henefer Utah this weekend. Tad more exciting than I would prefer.

We were on the way home just a little past half way on our loop. Suddenly there was a largish bug on my visor, I quickly realized it was on the inside. Tried to remain calm, pretty sure it wasnt anything that would sting me, but it was so close my eye and I was navigating some twisties I couldnt be certain. I had a brief moment where I could straighten out and lift the visor, luckily the bug flew out. Sucess!

Imediatly after that we came around a blind turn and there were stopped cars in our lane. SCREEEEEEECH is all I hear then see the cars stopped. I barely stopped in time almost tapping by brothers tire, he locked his rear tire but was also able to stop in time also. A couple were out for a drive in their convertable (karmagia old car thing...classic cars are not mine forte) and lost control and almost went over the edge of a steep embankment. One tire off the edge and 4 people trying to push it back up hill. We stopped down further (off the blind turn) but by that time a truck had a tow rope out and our help was not needed. That lady almost had a VERY bad day.

Lastly, I was taking a S turn and my bike stalled :( I will have to investigate that issue, it seems when the bike is hot 200 ish F and I down shift into 1st with the clutch pulled in it stalls. Did this a few times this weekend.

All in all it was a beautiful day, and just reminded me how much you have to be paying attention. In a few seconds things can change drastically. Cant wait for the next ride!