Cameleon PLUS Chain Oiler Review

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
New system is easier to program and automatically adjusts oil flow for temperature and riding conditions.

More...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No but it looks like a good oiler compared to others I've seen. I like the features and the price is good.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just my 2 cents.....

I wonder what the return is on this investment. New sealed chains don't have nearly the same lubrication requirements as older non-sealed chains. And devices like this do not do the MOST important part of chain maintenance, removing the dirt that will eventually wear out the seals and destroy the chain. In the end, these things just drip oil on the chain. Oiling a moving chain just flings the oil wherever it can. You end up with more oil on the bike than on the chain.

My advice, save the $200+, look for a set of R6 forks (in my opinion the BEST mod for the FZ6), and develop an enjoyable routine for maintaining your bike. For me, it's my favorite music, a beer and maybe a good cigar.

My feelings......no judgments.....

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Trepetti, a modern o-ring or x-ring chain only needs to be kept clean. Lubricant is sealed behind the rings. If the rings fail, the chain has failed. A better and less expensive investment is in new chain and sprockets.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
After I installed my Scottoiler (non-electric) 2 years ago I have not had to tighten the chain. I only clean the chain 3-4 times a year (after wash).
There is never any buildup of dirt of any kind. It all gets flinged away (with a bit of oil).
The only place I sometimes need to wipe for excess oil is on the left inner circle of the rearwheel rim and below swingarm at the chain. Just a bit of chainclean on a cloth and away it goes... no wasting time scrubbing various brands of chainlube off everything.
I tried 2 different dry-lube brands, but man that is sooo sticky that it just attracted more dirt.

If I ever get to buy another bike and it has a chain I will, without doubt, install another Scottoiler (or similar).
Looks better (cleaner), no worries and much more time for more interesting stuff, It's marvelous - I love it!

Everyday I ride to work (most days from March to November) I always know that the chain has the right amount of oil - not too little and not too much. When I (rarely) take a longer trip I only have to remember to top up the little oilcontainer (from the Scottoiler kit). It is hidden under the seat.

Oh and another "detail" is that I use way less money on original oil from Scottoiler than I would with the former chainclean and chainlube.

I think you should reconsider :cool:

Arfa

Reaction score
www.beginnerbiker.com
Tutoro is another brand of chain oiler you might want to check out. I recently was sent one to review on my blog, so usual sponsored product caveats etc, but without wanting to be too biased, I've found it pretty decent and have no complaints with it. Cheaper than this Cameleon one and the electronic Scottoilers, and easier to install as it doesn't need hooking up to a battery or any vacuum hoses.

Check out my full Tutoro chain oiler review and FZ6 installation on my blog.