Can I do the first service myself without loosing my warranty

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been told in the past I had to have the first service done by a Yamaha dealer. Is this true. I know a guy that did work for the Yamaha dealer but now he works elseware. Can I have him do the service work?
As far as changing oil and checking things over as manual says I know I can do that much.

Did any of you guys do the first oil change or did you take it to the dealer?
I got around 800 km on it in the first week. I need to change it at 1000 km.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never taken my bikes to the dealer for their service intervals. I do most of this myself. Stuff I cannot handle, I take to a local guy who knows what he is doing.

Especially with the service I've gotten (or extreme lack of...) on the wife's V Star! :rant:

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never taken my bikes to the dealer for their service intervals. I do most of this myself. Stuff I cannot handle, I take to a local guy who knows what he is doing.

Especially with the service I've gotten (or extreme lack of...) on the wife's V Star! :rant:

I hear ya. Mine had a scratch on it when I picked it up. I was not impressed.
I will do the same as you as long as I will still have warranty. I read on here where someone said just to keep the receipts when I buy the proper oil and filter incase there is ever an issue with the bike in the first year.

Thanks for the help

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about your Canada laws, here in the states as long as you keep the records of doing the service as outlined in your owners manual your warranty is valid.