Capture the Flag

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One other thing. I will stop a businesses and inform them of the proper care of the Flag and most are very thankful. They simply didn't know the proper customs.

H

HavBlue

i only wish everyone in our country shared the respect that you are admiring. there are some that would rather slander the flag, and the sad thing is that is a right that they are given under the flag (to an extent)

You are correct Bard but think about this:

We have the most sophisticated freedoms of any nation on this planet. This does however come with a price because this symbol of freedom can not be just a flag. It must be the citizens who live under the freedoms that flag represents having the ability to voice an opinion that would make your blood boil without fear of reprisal; except to say they should also know it is your right to voice an equal opinion that would make there blood boil too.

If there are citizens who find it necessary to burn that flag in protest then so be it as the US Flag Code (Public Law 94-344) is not enforced nor does it carry any bail amount for failure to comply. The law was written as a condition of respect to be used at government facilities and as a guideline for ethics and etiquette. I do not agree with burning the Flag in protest but I do understand it should be the right of citizens to do so as we are a nation of freedoms and legal protest is one of them..

Burning the Flag became a huge issue in the 1960's during a time I was not here. Today we find these same conditions as there are many who find themselves in the same position I was back then and this is a time of war. To me, this is not a time to be burning the Flag simply because there are those who now face the clear and present threat of a loss of life and our respect of that flag and what they do is a fundamental necessity when it comes to the soldiers moral. There is a time and place for everything so to me, now is not the time to be disrespecting our Flag.

So, if an individual chooses to burn the flag, they should pray it's not around me because I am taking that flag home with me. I will however be making a phone call as I will be needing money for bail and an attorney......

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
So, if an individual chooses to burn the flag, they should pray it's not around me because I am taking that flag home with me. I will however be making a phone call as I will be needing money for bail and an attorney......

Well at least you will have company in lockup Charlie! I'll be taking a few heads w/that flag!

Thanks

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You are correct Bard but think about this:

We have the most sophisticated freedoms of any nation on this planet. This does however come with a price because this symbol of freedom can not be just a flag. It must be the citizens who live under the freedoms that flag represents having the ability to voice an opinion that would make your blood boil without fear of reprisal; except to say they should also know it is your right to voice an equal opinion that would make there blood boil too.

If there are citizens who find it necessary to burn that flag in protest then so be it as the US Flag Code (Public Law 94-344) is not enforced nor does it carry any bail amount for failure to comply. The law was written as a condition of respect to be used at government facilities and as a guideline for ethics and etiquette. I do not agree with burning the Flag in protest but I do understand it should be the right of citizens to do so as we are a nation of freedoms and legal protest is one of them..

Burning the Flag became a huge issue in the 1960's during a time I was not here. Today we find these same conditions as there are many who find themselves in the same position I was back then and this is a time of war. To me, this is not a time to be burning the Flag simply because there are those who now face the clear and present threat of a loss of life and our respect of that flag and what they do is a fundamental necessity when it comes to the soldiers moral. There is a time and place for everything so to me, now is not the time to be disrespecting our Flag.

I agree. Once you have been shot at while wearing the flag of you nation on your sleeve, in the service of your country, it puts a whole new perspective on what is really important in life: Family and Freedoms.

As the bumper stick says, "If you value your freedoms thank a Vet".

I personally feel that many people who protest do so because of the power they feel in being part of a larger group that has a common goal, protest for the sake of protest. I'd imagine for many it is the first time they have felt that power of a group. I have no problems with people who protest, it is their right to do so, however burning the symbol that has given them the right to do so tells me that they simply don't get it.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
It is ironic that burning a flag is the correct protocol when a flag has done its duty and is no longer serviceable or suitable for display. That's what I try to think of when I see "protesters" burning a national flag....that they are unwittingly honouring the flag, not disgracing or insulting it.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree. Once you have been shot at while wearing the flag of you nation on your sleeve, in the service of your country, it puts a whole new perspective on what is really important in life: Family and Freedoms.

As the bumper stick says, "If you value your freedoms thank a Vet".

I personally feel that many people who protest do so because of the power they feel in being part of a larger group that has a common goal, protest for the sake of protest. I'd imagine for many it is the first time they have felt that power of a group. I have no problems with people who protest, it is their right to do so, however burning the symbol that has given them the right to do so tells me that they simply don't get it.
You don't have to be shot at to appriciate or regard your country in an enlightened way.
Anyone who has carried out duties in public service will also feel the same. I wish that my fellow countrymen had the level of respect you guys do for your colours.
I take my hat of to you all.
Charlie send me your paypal and I will donate a few dollars for your phone call (bail I can't afford).

Nelly

H

HavBlue

It is ironic that burning a flag is the correct protocol when a flag has done its duty and is no longer serviceable or suitable for display. That's what I try to think of when I see "protesters" burning a national flag....that they are unwittingly honoring the flag, not disgracing or insulting it.

Ah yes but in that ceremonial burning things are quite different and the Flag is never burned out of anger. Maybe we should apply for a patent and start making flags out of Nomex......:thumbup:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah yes but in that ceremonial burning things are quite different and the Flag is never burned out of anger. Maybe we should apply for a patent and start making flags out of Nomex......:thumbup:

Or canned Coca-Cola cardboard cartons.....have you ever tried to burn one? :confused:
Yes, the emotions and sentiments of ceremonial burnings and "protest" burnings are quite different. IAE, burning a nation's flag at a protest is getting old...it really was a 60's thing whose day has come and gone.
Respect for the flag is a rare commodity, unfortunately...how soon people forget those that died in defense of that flag.

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
i dont see many flags around here. i had 1 but it was tattered by wind. time for a new one. and one that was made in u.s.a. not china