Cheapest Possible Way to go Naked?

BePrepared

Reaction score
Visit site
i have JUST gotten my new (to me) bike, and i am feeling the urge to make it naked.

I want a single front light. Shape is not too important. What's the cheapest way to get it done while still being dependable?

9e64b519c851ee483e91163e4819dbed_gallery.jpg

There are SO many possible ways to go. Look through the sticky threads at the top. There's at least one single round headlight option up there.
At the minimum, it will run you ~ $300. And we all know you're gonna take MSF first, right? :D

i have JUST gotten my new (to me) bike, and i am feeling the urge to make it naked.

I want a single front light. Shape is not too important. What's the cheapest way to get it done while still being dependable?

Cheapest way is to look around on ebay and see what you can find. There are a number of people who've gotten the "streetfighter headlights" from ebay, and have used them. The problem is that they don't put out much light, they're flimsy, and I've seen people posting pictures of them melted. So, basically, I would stay away from anything overly cheap like that.

Look for a cheap used headlight off a wrecked bike or something. Maybe an SV650 or a Vrod headlight would do good, or pretty much any cruiser if you're just looking for a single round headlight.

Or you could check out Motorcycle Conversion Headlight Kits and see if you like anything over there. I bought a few things from aztec8 and everything's held up really well and is good quality.

There are SO many possible ways to go. Look through the sticky threads at the top. There's at least one single round headlight option up there.
At the minimum, it will run you ~ $300. And we all know you're gonna take MSF first, right? :D

BUZZKILL...!

yeah i guess i will, but making my bike pretty is SO much fun... of course being alive to enjoy it certainly enhances that.

thanks for the input guys, i'll look into those options

dont go putting any headlight on there just to get the naked look..most of the ebay/streetfighter headlights have super crappy light output..its hard to call it a headlight..you might ass well put some reflectors up there..anyway..Buell conversion is something you can do for under 200$. It has great output and looks fantastic IMO.

i've looked a lots of those... they're all awesome, but one thing they all seem to lack is a final total cost...

i didn't really see any that said the total cost installed.

i think that the fz6 naked is one of the best looking bikes on the market. I know that i like it a LOT better than the stock version, but i don't know what I'll have to pay for that mostly aesthetic preference.

If I were to do it again, I would go with FZ16 kit. It appears to be one of the easiest ways to convert and final result looks very clean and almost stock. Kit costs just under $300.

i found some pics of that online... i LOVE the way it looks. Where can i find the kit? i can't seem to find anywhere that sells the conversion, only the light.

wow... yet another win for you my friend... that's officially 3rd on my list of things to buy for my bike... 1 being the MSF course and 2 being an armored leather jacket...

i figure 600 bucks from now, i'll be set.

i've looked a lots of those... they're all awesome, but one thing they all seem to lack is a final total cost...

i didn't really see any that said the total cost installed.

i think that the fz6 naked is one of the best looking bikes on the market. I know that i like it a LOT better than the stock version, but i don't know what I'll have to pay for that mostly aesthetic preference.

Whichever way you choose to go, if you wanna do it properly, with an equivalent or better light output, you are going to be up for in excess of $500, by the time all is said and done...

Thanks Erci for posting the link.... I dint want to break any forum rules by advertising my headlight kit ... This is a great kit... Its OEM YAMAHA at a very reasonable price....I have worked with may awesome forum members and I will do the best to work with you and offer 100% refund if not satisfied.... Thats all I can say about it..rest you can read several posts in the naked section.. :Flash: :cheer: :Flash:

Whichever way you choose to go, if you wanna do it properly, with an equivalent or better light output, you are going to be up for in excess of $500, by the time all is said and done...

I don't know, Wolfman. I did my Buell conversion for about $185 (headlight, Buell mini-windscreen, and mount...didn't include the bar-end mirrors). But as far as light output goes, IMO the Buell headlight puts out MORE light than the stock FZ6 headlights and has a MUCH better beam pattern.

I can tell you this. When we go to Deal's Gap, we always do a few night runs. With the fairing and stock headlights, I was terrified. Every time I'd lean into a corner, looking through it did me no good because the headlights were aiming right into the asphalt (high beams on). With the Buell headlight on my last trip and also on a night run, I could see all the way through the corner. The light pattern is so much wider and more scattered and because the headlight seems to put out more light, it just does a better job of lighting your way.

:thumbup:

Back