Cleaning silver aluminium frame in '04 FZ6

petaminox

Reaction score
Visit site
So a while back ago my top gasket starting leaning and engine oil got onto the frame. As a result, there is some staining on the aluminium frame now. Beyond being oily, it seems to have etched and stained the frame and the engine covers. Just wondering if you guys know how to clean it up.

I've tried WD40, vinegar and water, and even tried a little polish to clean up the stain.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
i just got this for around $5 at Walmart, also have it on Amazon. i have the black frame bike so just got it for the handlebars, levers, trim, and exhaust. it cleaned all smooth, and even took off years old tarnish / stains. i can't say everything is "as new" but it sure is smooth and clean and "blings" where it can bling. i really did not even notice the "block emblem" piece in the center of my handlebars had a metal flake sparkle. now, i can see it sparkle!

seems to be good stuff, even after an initial application and buff out i returned a couple hours later and buffed some more and black stuff was still coming off the metal, although i could not see it on the metal itself. claims its a cleaner and polish and it seems to be just that

t284-renew-rx-premium-all-metal-polish2A23EE6D1337.png

Last edited:

petaminox

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, will give that a shot and report back with results! I didn't think of using metal polish as I thought that the frame might be covered in some sort of clear coat/paint that won't react too kindly to metal polish.

petaminox

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got down to trying the stuff you recommended FZSexy.

It indeed cleaned up the alumninium frame nicely, and the process is just as you described. Just gotta scrub it up.

However, it did not work as well on the stator covers and the cover over the front sprocket. Despite repeated applications and some elbow grease, the staining there just won't budge.