clicking or popping from front sprocket/trans

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I do not know much about bike transmissions or chain and sprockets i am trying to learn by reading and watching videos, but i can not figure this out on my bike for life of me maybe someone has an idea and should i not ride because of this, video attached.

Sorry for fail video taking skills the popping is a lot louder than it appears in video on the video it sounds like the chain which it might just be but when i was sitting next to it it seems to be from behind the front sprocket, figure ill check the oil if that is good i should be able to get by , the chain was dry as i had just cleaned and washed it, was about to lube it after i finished my 5 minute warm up ride and notice that, thinking it may have been an dry chain and heat causing the noise any tips or suggestions are much appreciated thanks again :D

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
attachments where to large not sure how else to get them on here ill link a youtube video :spank:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD_ZpKIcXoc"]126 - YouTube[/ame] - better video had some help

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAkW_v0ppRk"]125 - YouTube[/ame] - bad video you might hear it but visual is bad i was alone and sweating it lol

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Your spinning the wheel backwards and the chain is making noise on the guide on top of the swingarm, spin it the othe direction and the noise will be dramatically reduced but other than that looks goo and sounds fine.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
K I did walk the bike forwards and it made the sound also I just rode it 50 miles to work and it feels fine just curious ;( thanks for the help

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Your chain could also be a tad loose, but if you look in from behind the left side foot guard or what ever it's called you can see where your chain makes contact and that's what is causing the noise.