clip ons

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok. just as a quick question.. im lookin for a new set of clip ons... wil ANY set of 43mm work? or does the bar have to be specific also? im assuming 43mm is dia of the forks? or do i have that backwards..

ok. just as a quick question.. im lookin for a new set of clip ons... wil ANY set of 43mm work? or does the bar have to be specific also? im assuming 43mm is dia of the forks? or do i have that backwards..

Wont you have to use helibar clip ons...or else they will hit the tank...my FZ6 cup bike has Woodcraft clip-ons, and the bike has had a "stop" fitted to the forks, so the clip-ons dont hit the tank...

Steering lock is seriuosly compromised as a result.

The most popular clipons are the ones for the honda CBR1100XX(blackbird)
You still have to consider tank and fairing clearance, since the FZ6 wasn't designed for clipons.

Hellgate had Helibars on his bike, they were like clipons but adjustable and not as tucked down, so you had clearance.

I might get a bit of bustin' for this, but I just wonder why anyone would
want clip-ons for this bike? Why not just have bought an R6 to begin with?
If you want to be more forward and aerodynamic, shouldn't that have been the bike of choice? More power, lighter weight, better suspension, lower clip-ons...more parts.;)

T.

i understand what you are getting at... but when i got my bike... there was an 07 R6 for the same price... i had the choice, but i knew that an R6 was too much of a bike for me.. (not that the FZ was a kids bike, but R6 is built for racing) now that i have been riding for awhile... im trying to get a little more out of the FZ withought going full blown R6.. i like how the FZ is un-faired, and how the FZ can double as a great communting bike as well as a great performance bike..

Plus, i think the clip ons for the FZ are still alot less lean than an R6 :thumbup:

(i do know what your talking about, i just want the R6 feel, with FZ6 comfortability. now clip ons take that away slightly, but still not comparable with R6)

Wont you have to use helibar clip ons...or else they will hit the tank...my FZ6 cup bike has Woodcraft clip-ons, and the bike has had a "stop" fitted to the forks, so the clip-ons dont hit the tank...

Steering lock is seriuosly compromised as a result.

Which clip ons do you have exactly? Do they any rise? I guess I'm being pretty picky with my tank clearance, but I'd like to keep as much freedom as possible when it comes to lowspeed turning ability. What kind of stop is fitted on your forks? Any pics?

Just try and get a cheap set of 43's regardless of tank clearance to see if you like it before going and spending $$$ on a set of helis IMHO.

Back