Contour closes HQ

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just sad to see another company here fail.

I've got two Contour cameras!

Bugger - to be honest their support has left a bit to be desired for some time, but to go belly up is disappointing! (for the workers as well!)

Hopefully they sell the rights to the cameras, and a competitor takes up the mantle!

Cheers,
Rick

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have one too. I dont use it much, but when I do I love it. I hope someone picks up the customer support.

Hopefully they take care of the people....

Throw that in w the Bazzaz, I'll send it back w/new footage! :rolleyes:

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
I own two and most of my buddies have them. They are great cameras. Easy to work and their costumer support was great to me. The first one I bought came defective out of the box but they sent me a new one pretty quick, including some extra attachments for it. I have to see them go. I was getting ready to buy their top of the line.. I got a GoPro that I returned the next day, did like the bulkiness... I got a contour the next day and loved it.. I read about them defaulting $7 millions.. Sad to see them go..

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know anybody, outside of Erici ,who actually used a Contour camera. From all the review I read GoPro was superior. Even Erici upgraded to GoPro.

Besides GoPro has a brilliant marketing strategy.

"Be a Hero", pretty much anybody with a GoPro camera is an ambassador to the brand.

When was the last time I saw a viral video of some dude base jumping in a para-glide suit off the side of a mountain with a Contour camera?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know anybody, outside of Erici ,who actually used a Contour camera. From all the review I read GoPro was superior. Even Erici upgraded to GoPro.

"Be a Hero", pretty much anybody with a GoPro camera is an ambassador to the brand.

When was the last time I saw a viral video of some dude base jumping in a para-glide suit off the side of a mountain with a Contour camera?
I still have my Contour, actually still learning how to use it:scared:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like my C so much better than my GP. The likes to turn itself off as it feels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Can't say I used the Hero. But I've used my Contour, mostly for skiing/snowboarding. Works for me and was priced less than the Hero.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I like my C so much better than my GP. The likes to turn itself off as it feels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

My brother had the same problem. Turns out that the battery was screwed up and it would turn the device off every-now and then. Have you tried replacing it?

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I still have my Contour, actually still learning how to use it:scared:

I am still learning how to use the GoPro.

I am really turned off by the whole video editing though. Mostly because I am lazy and nobody really want s to see me going 25mph in congested NYC traffic haha