Cop vs. biker: what do you think?

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Video: What would you do in this situation? - RevZilla

Interesting little confrontation here. My initial thoughts:
1. Really dumb to honk at a cop in the first place.
2. A horn is a signalling device, not a "road rage" device.
3. Is cellphone usage in CO legal while driving?

Discuss.

EDIT: I thought the cop was in a police vehicle, on re-watching I guess he wasn't. Scratch #1 above. d'Oh!

I also think that the cop realized he was in the wrong eventually, after driving off without issuing a ticket.

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Video: What would you do in this situation? - RevZilla

Interesting little confrontation here. My initial thoughts:
1. Really dumb to honk at a cop in the first place.
2. A horn is a signalling device, not a "road rage" device.
3. Is cellphone usage in CO legal while driving?

Discuss.

EDIT: I thought the cop was in a police vehicle, on re-watching I guess he wasn't. Scratch #1 above. d'Oh!

I also think that the cop realized he was in the wrong eventually, after driving off without issuing a ticket.

When I watched his video for the first time, I thought the cop is a douchebag, but I watched video again and see the biker is kind of at fault.
It doesn't mean a road rage exactly, I use my horn a lot, since I have stock exhaust, do, rev bomb doesn't work, lol.

Anyway, only in the situation, the biker is at fault, he can see there are vehicles coming into the lane right in front of the car.

The biker didn't give enough time, but after the horn, the cop is at fault, he is complaining about road-rage, and he started the actual rage against the biker.

And the cop is definitely partial/against motorcyclists. He pull "I'm a cop, I have to be on phone" card, which is BS. I feel he got ****ed up and showing his grief on the motorcyclist.

And standing on the bike(foot pegs) is not against law. I do it sometimes to stretch my legs, in a long ride.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The cops at fault 100%.

First he says he's on the phone for a 911 call, BS.. That comes over the radio, then the Lap top...

The cop was talking on the phone (police related or not), BUT was hampering traffic-PERIOD.

HE was distracted and should have gone when it was clear.

Blowing the horn is NOT Road Rage! Swerving in one's lane is LEGAL AS WELL. I do it often(the entire lane is mine with one motorcycle) to get drivers attention.

The cop would not have needed to subpoena the video. I wish it WAS me, with the video..

The cop would have been laughed out of court and LOST all respect from the judge for the rest of his career.

Then, to make things worse, he, the cop, instead of clearing the road to avoid causing a crash, BLOCKS the road for 4.5 minutes.. Are you friggin kidding me???

That is EXACTLY what gives cops a bad name..

I, as a retired 25 years veteran of the PD (and worked in the traffic unit for years) am embarrassed by this video.

Someone should forward this video to his supervisor and see what they have to say..

Rant done..

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
The cops at fault 100%.

First he says he's on the phone for a 911 call, BS.. That comes over the radio, then the Lap top...

The cop was talking on the phone (police related or not), BUT was hampering traffic-PERIOD.

HE was distracted and should have gone when it was clear.

Blowing the horn is NOT Road Rage! Swerving in one's lane is LEGAL AS WELL. I do it often(the entire lane is mine with one motorcycle) to get drivers attention.

The cop would not have needed to subpoena the video. I wish it WAS me, with the video..

The cop would have been laughed out of court and LOST all respect from the judge for the rest of his career.

Then, to make things worse, he, the cop, instead of clearing the road to avoid causing a crash, BLOCKS the road for 4.5 minutes.. Are you friggin kidding me???

That is EXACTLY what gives cops a bad name..

I, as a retired 25 years veteran of the PD (and worked in the traffic unit for years) am embarrassed by this video.

Someone should forward this video to his supervisor and see what they have to say..

Rant done..

Did you mean 00:19 to 00:22 is the chance for the car to go? I see the small 25-30 seater changed lanes in the circle, but, yes, the cop/driver is not paying attention to the road and the motorcyclist saw a DRIVER (no one knows he is a cop), definitely someone needs to complain to his super..!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Didnt expand and look at plate/vehicle equipment but it could have been staged. Some people do these things! :spank:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking I woulda said" Okay right me the ticket for my infringement, and make sure when you do, ALL the details are correct, coz my Lawyer needs to have it all when he defends me in court and cites your sorry arse for being a knob."
but then again, maybe just starting to cry in the helmet and really bawl so the jerk cop doesn't know what he's started, might make him think twice.

biker is pretty polite- cop didnt even want to hear what the biker was saying

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you mean 00:19 to 00:22 is the chance for the car to go? I see the small 25-30 seater changed lanes in the circle, but, yes, the cop/driver is not paying attention to the road and the motorcyclist saw a DRIVER (no one knows he is a cop), definitely someone needs to complain to his super..!

There was EASILY at least two times he could of pulled out, easily and safely. (NOT counting the 4.5 minutes). The Officer was distracted on the phone.

I, as a civilian or in the police car would have tooted my horn as well. The biker wouldn't have had to lean on the horn the second
time if the SUV moved the first time.. Distracted driving, no doubt.. Pull over if you can multi task with the phone, work. 99% of
Police cars have lap tops in them and quite visible to read notes, etc...

I didn't even mention the piss poor safety issue of the Officer approaching the biker, EXTREMELY unsafe.

IF it was Road rage, let the bike pass, then do a proper stop, top lights, out of the road way, etc.

**As he initially said it was a 911 call, it couldn't be too serious as he was NOW 4.5 minutes late getting to the "emergency". **

I also seriously doubt that was a police car. When stopped in traffic(and that WAS a stop), there were absolutely NO EMERGENCY LIGHTS ACTIVATED (IE, likely his private vehicle.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking I woulda said" Okay right me the ticket for my infringement, and make sure when you do, ALL the details are correct, coz my Lawyer needs to have it all when he defends me in court and cites your sorry arse for being a knob."
but then again, maybe just starting to cry in the helmet and really bawl so the jerk cop doesn't know what he's started, might make him think twice.

biker is pretty polite- cop didnt even want to hear what the biker was saying

LOL! Ade!.....

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Back when I lived in Vegas, an unmarked police cruiser which appeared to have a prisoner in the back made a very bad lane change on me near the strip. Clearly cut me off and I wasn't shy using my Steibel horn for several seconds. The marked police cruiser following behind the unmarked unit who witnessed the who thing lit me up, and I pulled over. The cop got on his PA and said to me I need to learn how to ride a motorcycle. LOL....and the cop sped away.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Typical government attitude..."do as we say not as we do".

I'd like to say, the majority don't behave as such above examples (at least they didn't by us)...

When I was on the road, I treated folks the way I wanted to be treated. You can get WAY further being
informative, etc than an a$$hat..