COW, Hanging off, knee out - questions after ARC

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm curious how the two compare that one lends to forcing the hand. Does the 1 not inspire confidence for the same corner speeds?

FZ1 is somewhat of a pig. I believe it's the combination of factors: long wheelbase, long swingarm and 190 rear tire.
It's very composed and planted through curves, but it lacks the light feel and flickability of the FZ6. That's just my opinion though :don'tknow:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1 is somewhat of a pig. I believe it's the combination of factors: long wheelbase, long swingarm and 190 rear tire.
It's very composed and planted through curves, but it lacks the light feel and flickability of the FZ6. That's just my opinion though :don'tknow:

55 profile, and forks dropped 10mm right? If not those changes really help.

Otherwise yes, borrow an R6, any generation. You think and you're going the direction you desire!

My R6 track bike is about 350 to 375 lbs .wet. The first couple of sessions at the track I spend recalibrating from the street. :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
55 profile, and forks dropped 10mm right? If not those changes really help.

Otherwise yes, borrow an R6, any generation. You think and you're going the direction you desire!

My R6 track bike is about 350 to 375 lbs .wet. The first couple of sessions at the track I spend recalibrating from the street. :thumbup:

Fork is dropped 7mm, 50 profile rear. It's definitely set up for cruising. I'm not going to go nuts modding this thing.. I'll be looking into track bike for next season :thumbup:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site

well said.

I like the feel of the Fz1. The Fz6 is a lot more flickable/lighter/easier, very true. You feel as if you can just stay in the seat and do just about anything. I however like the Fz1 because you have to be a little more active. Like for instance setting up for a corner I will sometimes push the bike to the outside knee and hang off a half butt cheek while still going straight, kind of like messing around on a bicycle leaning about. then late entry into the corner I basically stand the bike up, lean in maybe a little and I'm flying through the corner (again like cornering on a bicycle at speed). I recently started leaning COW and find that I'm having to speed up to keep my line with a ton of lean still left in the tires. It's fun. also the Fz1 is able to really push the traction limit of the rear tire pushing out of the corner.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well said.

I like the feel of the Fz1. The Fz6 is a lot more flickable/lighter/easier, very true. You feel as if you can just stay in the seat and do just about anything. I however like the Fz1 because you have to be a little more active. Like for instance setting up for a corner I will sometimes push the bike to the outside knee and hang off a half butt cheek while still going straight, kind of like messing around on a bicycle leaning about. then late entry into the corner I basically stand the bike up, lean in maybe a little and I'm flying through the corner (again like cornering on a bicycle at speed). I recently started leaning COW and find that I'm having to speed up to keep my line with a ton of lean still left in the tires. It's fun. also the Fz1 is able to really push the traction limit of the rear tire pushing out of the corner.

I think it's time for you to start looking into doing a track day :thumbup:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's time for you to start looking into doing a track day :thumbup:

Probably gonna be this spring. I already got one ticket which would have covered a day. I just need to get a Snell Helmet, Track Suit, Gloves, Boots. I'm saving up for it so that hopefully by February