~~Daily Feed, post what made you laugh today ~~

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah mate, as Jules said. A snake will continue to bite & wont actually die until the sun goes down !!

Did you know that if you puncture yourself with the fangs of a dried out old Fierce/Taipan or Eastern brown/king brown snake or brush the fangs on an open wound there is still enough residual venom to kill you for up to 3 months after death !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Us Aussies love deadly critters ;) ;)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah mate, as Jules said. A snake will continue to bite & wont actually die until the sun goes down !!

Did you know that if you puncture yourself with the fangs of a dried out old Fierce/Taipan or Eastern brown/king brown snake or brush the fangs on an open wound there is still enough residual venom to kill you for up to 3 months after death !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Us Aussies love deadly critters ;) ;)

The sun!?!?! Really? Yer :disapprove: Oh My....

Tks tho, I'll keep that in mind should head your way! :D

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to laugh at this (short story):

Colleges are discussing Road Bike riding and racing and I brought up the mad skills "some riders" possess in that they're leading the race, maybe even approaching the finish line, wave to the crowd and WRECK!

In all seriousness, a reply came; "its usually the more advanced or highly skilled riders who wreck!" Hmm - can't pedal and ride in a straight line? :rof::rof::rof:

I know stuff happens but in most sports, is it not the plan to get better and NOT crash as your skills improve?! ha!

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
Dear Sir

Channel 4 would like to thank you for submitting your wife's details for our forthcoming documentary, and for the charming picture you sent of her.

However we would like to point out the title of the programme is actually "fact hunt"

regards, Channel 4 TV :eek:

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
dtZejxW.jpg

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
10 Jokes Only Engineers Will Understand. Who Says Engineers Don’t Have A Sense Of Humor?

1. Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

2. To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

3. A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed, "What's with those guys? We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!"
The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such inept golf!"
The priest said, "Here comes the green-keeper. Let's have a word with him."
He said, "Hello George, what's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"
The green-keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind firemen. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime."
The group fell silent for a moment.
The priest said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight."
The doctor said, "Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything he can do for them."
The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"

4. What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers?
Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build targets.

5. The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

6. Three engineering students were gathered together discussing who must have designed the human body.
One said, "It was a mechanical engineer. Just look at all the joints."
Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections."
The last one said, "No, actually it had to have been a civil engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"

7. Knock knock. Who's there? Interrupting coefficient of friction. Interrupting coefficient of fri.... mmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (μ)

8. Two engineering students were walking across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?"
The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."
The first engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."

9. An engineer was crossing a road one day, when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket.
The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you for one week and do ANYTHING you want."
Again, the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.
Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess and that I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"
The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that's cool."

10. A wife asks her husband, a software engineer...
"Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk, and if they have eggs, get 6!" A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk. The wife asks him, "Why the hell did you buy 6 cartons of milk?" He replied, "They had eggs."

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The sun!?!?! Really? Yer :disapprove: Oh My....

:D

Its true Randy.

apparently its due to the snake being cold blooded and the muscles not stiffening up until the warmth goes out of them
so partly old wives tale(apologies to our female members for stereotyping)

and partly fact.
All aussie kids are told that when they go to the country, its a rite of passage kinda thing

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
8. Two engineering students were walking across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?"
The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."
The first engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."

That joke is waaaay too true to be funny.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Check out this Super Hero Cat!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6GQR3Ym5M8"]Hero Cat Saves Boy From Dog Attack In Amazing Candid Video - YouTube[/ame]

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
COPPER WIRE

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet in 2011, French scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the French, in the weeks that followed, American archaeologists dug to a depth of 20 feet before finding traces of copper wire. Shortly afterwards, they published an article in the New York Times saying : "American archaeologists, having found traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the French."

A few weeks later, The British Archaeological Society of Northern England reported the following: "After digging down to a depth of 33 feet in the Jarrow area of Tyne and Wear in 2013, Charlie Hardcastle, a self-taught amateur archaeologist, reported that he had found absolutely bugger all. Charlie has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Britain had already gone wireless."

Makes you proud to be British.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
the first pic is a standard fire hydrant cover over a plug seen on any street corner in Melbourne

The other four shots are someones idea of a laugh, either they went shopping at Savers or there is some girl somewhere wondering where her smalls have ended up!!!!

But I dont quite get the footy jumper and bra combo????
but they say Richmond are a big bunch of girls (sorry 'bout that one ladies)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stopped by the adult beverage store yesterday, when all of a sudden I spotted this....

View attachment 53195

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Got a bottle of that as well Joe, I got it as a present at Christmas from my bruv, I guess it was because we were both Iron maiden fans (back in the day) ;)

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEb5a-I0kyg"]Louis CK - Nut Allergy - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAnGYfnFz9I"]Steve Hughes on health and safety - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: