~~Daily Feed, post what made you laugh today ~~

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
That is the way to do that trip - backroads. Not a trip I’d want to do alone. Always good to have another bike (or three) with you for when things don’t go your way.

Nice video. I have at least seven cross country trips under my riding belt with the most recent one was last fall to the National Air Force museum in Ohio where I met up with a FJR buddy and rode down to Alabama for a moto gathering.

Yes it can be done on a naked bike but I prefer to do it on my Gold Wing. Not only for comfort but you can count on big cross winds in the prairie states such as Oklahoma or the Dakotas or rain at some point. The weight of the Wing is an advantage to staying planted in your lane and the faring is mighty nice to prevent fatigue from wind and weather on the big 600 mile days.

I rarely ride on slabs (interstate highways) and agree smaller towns are the best. Most folks are very helpful and I like the suprise look when they find out you rode your bike from California across the good old USA.

I use a spot tracker (satellite) as I chose to ride the less traveled road and in the west cell coverage is spotty at best. Nice backup as most trips I am alone until meeting friends back east. Sometimes it would be nice to have a buddy along to share the sights but when riding alone it's all about my schedule. Both have pros and cons but seeing and smelling (that's something you rarely get in a cage) America from a motorcycle is priceless.

I carry basic tools and tire repair equipment but it's a UJM, quite reliable. Just have all your preventative maintenance up to date and never leave home on tires that "should make it" as dealing with tire purchases on the road sucks. Learned that lesson once a long time ago.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny and also educational if you lack experience....

I also like that the poor bastard is trying to keep the room clean by catching the debris with a dust pan...

Ran into a steel plate in a ceiling last week when helping a neighbor install sliding closet doors.....

Last edited:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
May not be safe for work if you have coworkers in cubicals that know how to pop....
Put the sound on ya buncha freakazoids!

The only difference between he an I is that it takes me about 5 Martinis before I start to walk like that :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In the study of endocrinology they've finally discover a description of testosterone that explains the hormone to the common layman.....
My wife observed me watching this video over and over again and said, "Whats wrong with you?!"

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Two old guys sitting on a park bench watching a dog licking it's bits. One turns to the other and says "I wish I could do that".
The other guy says "I'd pat him first to see if he's vicious".

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was walking down the street when I was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked me for a couple of dollars for dinner. I took out my wallet, extracted twenty dollars and asked,"If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?" "No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied. "Will you use it to go fishing instead of buying food?" I asked. "No, I don't waste time fishing," the homeless man said.."I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive." "Will you spend this on hunting equipment?" I asked. "Are you Nuts!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't gone hunting in 20 years!" "Well," I said, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife." The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that? I replied, "Don't worry about that. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up drinking, fishing and hunting."