Daytona bike week 2012

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Who's planing on going?

I'm looking at taking a day off (3/16).

Initially was planning to go the second weekend (16-18) but could probably also go the first weekend (10-11).
I won't overnight, I'm about 40 minutes away.

Mostly interested in the demo rides.

William

Reaction score
Visit site
We’re shooting over from Tampa next Saturday to watch Ryan Villopoto probably win another Supercross at the Speedway. Then we’re going to just mess around on Sunday and head back late afternoon. If I can break out of the office on the 15-16-17th for a day I’d like to go back for the Progressive International Motorcycle Show over at the Ocean Center and see some vendors I know and, of course, the motorcycles. :)

Old Fart

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be there. Will arrive wed. I am going for the races it use to be called speedweek. Dirt track thurs & fri nites and road racing during the days.the motor cycle show is not worth going to even though it is free.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, they changed the name because the 10 days before the Daytona 500 (NASCAR) was also called speedweek. Since they're about 2 weeks apart people were showing up for the wrong ones. lol.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be there. Will arrive wed. I am going for the races it use to be called speedweek. Dirt track thurs & fri nites and road racing during the days.the motor cycle show is not worth going to even though it is free.

Actually I've never been to the show. In Daytona it seems to be taken apart (demo rides and some vendors by the speedway, the rest by the Ocean Center) and from some of the staff at the dealer were I got my bike they keep on saying it is a ver small show.

I'll be heading with some friends and they might be interested in watching some stunt shows. I read the Smage Bros will be performing stunt shows at the IMS and Jason Britton will be performing stunt shows at Daytona Fun Machines.

The races are always interesting.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
We’re shooting over from Tampa next Saturday to watch Ryan Villopoto probably win another Supercross at the Speedway. Then we’re going to just mess around on Sunday and head back late afternoon. If I can break out of the office on the 15-16-17th for a day I’d like to go back for the Progressive International Motorcycle Show over at the Ocean Center and see some vendors I know and, of course, the motorcycles. :)

William, you might be interested on off-road motorcycle demo.
From ultimate motorcycling:
http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2012/yamaha-four-decades-of-daytona-excitement
"
"Ride With Raines" off-road demo rides will take place on Saturday, March 10 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., please contact Jason Raines at 864-979-6973 for more information. Yamaha is excited to team up with six-time AMA National Hare Scrambles Champion Jason Raines to offer this exciting demo program. Riders can experience Yamaha YZ and WR off-road motorcycles on perfect terrain under the guidance of Jason Raines himself. A special course will be laid out for the demo, and riders can try out several different models. Plus, all riding gear will be supplied by the school.
"

I might not be able to head there this weekend (I'll try) but for sure ill be there next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William

Reaction score
Visit site
It was quite a soggy weekend in Daytona; made for some interesting Supercross though!

Hope you all have better weather. :)

1053.jpg

The Speedway was right across the road from our hotel.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
The weather for tomorrow looks much better than last weekend!!!!!

I'll be heading there early morning...

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Feedback from some buds who went over to the IMS is that it is, in fact, a big dud.

Indeed I've heard similar feedback from some people, either way, we were told today demo rides tomorrow will be until noon and there are two women in the group of four friends heading there tomorrow. Vendors by the speedway are intended mostly for cruisers, the IMS indicates it has an area for female riders and it will have a stunt show. I've never been there, so it might one of those to say at least I went there once.

Today was an awesome day with great weather and lots of test rides: Kawasaki Concours & KLR 650, Suzuki Vstrom 650 adventure and 1000, and Yamaha Striker (first cruiser I have ever ridden after the endorsement course!!!!!!

I'll catch up with some pictures later, right now I'm just relaxing at home enjoying the only one beer I have had today.
Tomorrow I'll wake up again early for another awesome day.

Actually, today I saw a couple of FZ6. That I remember right now a silver one carrying a brand new tire as a passenger and a red one, by where I parked and, nearby a person that lost the balance (on a Ninja maybe!!!) and went down right by where we were getting ready to leave. Apart from some scuffs on the bike and a bent frame slider I think the rider was ok.