Did I order the wrong bulb?

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought I needed to order an H7 and an H4 but the H7 didn't come with the same socket as the H4 what should I have ordered?

lghtmgr

Reaction score
Visit site
the left and right are different, H7 an H4 should work.

Part #s and Upgrades available for: 2009 YAMAHA FZS600 FZ6
#SilverStar UltraSilverStar zXeSilverStarXtraVision
BulbH7
Bulb9003

but keep in mind the the bases may be the same but the 9003 and H4 may not be exactly the same. there maybe a difference in where the filament is resulting a difference in how the lamp reflects in the housing.
looks like you have an hid kit and they will reflect different also and may also scatter more light. be sure you spend time adjusting the headlights to reduced the glare other drivers will encounter.

I got an idea before you start the retrofit and after you retrofit go down the block and sit in a small car while someone points the 6's headlights at you and you will get an idea of what the new bulbs are scattering. I am not arguing to not use a drop in retrofit kit just try and not blind others when doing so. I like the HID light better my self what I hate is when I get get blinded by someone else just popping the kit in and not readjusting the housing to the new bulbs. even a new incandescent lamp may need to be have the housing adjusted for proper aim.

Here is a link to a Technical bulletin from : H4, HB2, & 9003 bulbs.

http://candlepowerinc.com/pdfs/H4_9003.pdf

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
i have 2 of those bulbs in my bike had to dremel one of them to fit into h7 then rewired to have both on at the same time. with the shields it doesnt blind just lower them if needed . if youre going to go my route you can take the ring off a h7 halogen to get the idea where to dremel.
i ordered 2 hid projectors for 40$ and will be swapping h1 in though its worth it