Difference in model years?

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
banjo - nice way to break her in on those gravel roads! :thumbup: Having owned other Yam'rs you'll be happier off the road on the 6 than than the FJR so Enjoy. . .

As for the chain life: many products recommend 500miles max for clean an lube. Personally I have my doubts about the paraffin products and 5 to 6 is my limit using the 2nd trip meter to count that.
Yep, this here little FZ6 is a great dirt bike. :D Rayhouse Road Face Plant - YouTube I'm ahead, trying to learn this feller (Mah friend Rod on a WeeStrom) how ta ride dirt. It's purdie boring 'til 'bout 13 min where he bails. :eek:

I rolled up many a mile on chains before I got the shaft. :spank: I too am not a fan of parafin "lubes."
I've tried most everthang under the sun, and my favorites are WD40, (to keep the chain relatively clean) and Dupont Teflon lubes. I try ta lube 'em 'bout every 200-300 mi., more when rain riding. My rear wheel's usually covered in lube! :rof: It ain't purdie, but I get mah money's worth outta mah chains. used ta get 'round 30K mi outta 'em, on my '89 FJ1200, 'n '01 FZ1. :thumbup: