Do you carry a tire inflator kit? Used it?

Tire inflator kit?

• 1. No, I do not have a tire inflator kit.

Votes: 94 72.3%
  • 2. Yes, I have one, but have never needed to use it.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • 3. Yes, it saved my bacon .

Votes: 8 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have the Yamaha one and its a great kit. I have a buddy who has used it and he showed me how to use it. If you are in the middle of nowhere its really worth the money. Not very expensive I think $30.00 but I bought it a while ago and have some CRS going on. CAN"T REMEMBER ****.

I bought the Slim Inflator for 29.95 at Autozone. It fits under my seat with my tool kit and patch kit. I don't have the OEM owners manual under the seat cause I bought the bike used. The wiring to the batter has a connector that I routed to the right side and tie-rapped to the stay for the fairing.

I have not done a test of how long it takes to inflate the back tire, but read a thread from a guy that did on his cruiser and it inflated his rear in about 7 minutes to 40 psi. So all you have to do is make sure you have the engine running.

I have attached pics but some are a little blurry, sorry, but you can get the idea.

Pic 1 - Connection to Battery
Pic 2 - Connector attached to Fairing Stay
Pic 3 - Connector attached to Inflator
Pic 4 - Inflator hooked up to connector and front tire
Pic 5 - Inflator, attachments, tools, and patch kit under seat.

No tire kit. My insurance takes care of that for me. If I get a flat, I call the number and they send someone out to take care of it. Road side assistance is a beautiful thing.

The difference is when you get the flat with a car you put the spare on. On a bike your only chance at avoiding the tow is a patch kit and inflator.

I had awful luck with flat tires recently. I have been in 3 cars with flat tires in the last year and a half. Then, after less than a week after getting my FZ6 I ran over a nail. Fortunately I noticed the leak while I was at Target so I was able to buy a compressor. Since then, I always have my tire repair kit and inflator with me when I am going out of \"Can you come pick me up?\" range.

I ran over a nail 2 weeks ago. Luckily i was already at work and not stranded on the side of the road somewhere. Although i dont think the inflator would have done much, when i hit the nail, pulling into the parking lot, i felt the back end drop and before i knew it i was ridin on the wheel. It only took a few seconds and ALL the air was gone. So, an inflator kit might not have helped me.

Back