Do you ride in 15-20mph wind?

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Another windy day in Texas...Thanks to all the tips, I now fill very relaxed in 20-25mph winds...The lil Ninja is better than I thought she could be in the wind...

I fill like a real motorcycle rider!!!:Sport:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another windy day in Texas...Thanks to all the tips, I now fill very relaxed in 20-25mph winds...The lil Ninja is better than I thought she could be in the wind...

I fill like a real motorcycle rider!!!:Sport:
There was a really good thread about riding in windy conditions posted in 2008.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/track-tech-riding-techniques/3652-wind-slow-fast.html
A good few of the things already discussed have been mentioned.
One of the things discussed (and general consensus) was that it is better to keep a constant throttle than to throttle off in the big gusts.

Nelly

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Its been a couple of years since I sold my little Ninja. Crosswinds are the biggest problem although I did ride the Ninja in a 30mph headwind one time - the throttle almost wide open and I was doing 70 mph, and it was a slight downhill!!! The FZ6 is heavier and is less bothered by crosswinds. Biggest problems on the Ninja was gusty crosswinds or passing 18 wheelers on the interstate. It would move around a lot sometimes getting pushed a foot or more - just had to be quick with counter steering. The FZ6 is still affected but is more less nervous. The Ninja s 100 pounds less and it is noticeable. The FZ6 is so much more relaxed on the interstate due to the additional power.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks...Reading the post helps very much...I love the comparison that you guys are giving me from the 250 to the FZ6...That's why I'm on this site now, so that I'll know when I'm ready to move up to an FZ6...

I love this site...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My little Ninja gets pushed around in winds of 15-20mph+...Is the FZ6 more stable in 15-20mph winds???:confused:
I don't think 15-20mph winds are that strong.

The FZ6 would definitely be more solid on the road than your 250 BUT on my recent tour to Tasmania, in some areas there would be strong crosswind signs. As soon as I would turn the corner my FZ6 would literally get blown from one side of the lane to the other. Kelly was the same on her 250 Vstar as well. You just have to position yourself in the lane to accomodate the wind direction. Prebstar and Humperdinkel, on their XJR1300 monsters - just kept ploughing through the wind. Bigger boys on big bikes.

The bigger and heavier the bike (and more weight from the rider), obviously it wouldn't get blown around so much.

crimsonrick

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with the above replies. I live on the Alabama gulf coast & it's very breezy this time of year. I only weigh 145 lbs. so I find myself getting pushed around pretty good in cross winds. You just have to be aware of the conditions.