Does the R6 triple fit?

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
hey guys, just wondering if there's a reason why people haven't just put the whole r6 front end on when people put the r6 forks on. if the stem is the same is there any reason i could just use the whole triple and tap it for a set of risers to bring the bars up to stock fz6 hight? figure it'd be easier than doing all the spacer work.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the biggest reason is the need to modify/replace the ignition and steering stops. Otherwise, I think the triple will "fit".

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
I think the biggest reason is the need to modify/replace the ignition and steering stops. Otherwise, I think the triple will "fit".

just more aggressive stops or in a totally different place?

[edit] never mind. just looked at some pics on ebay. the stops are much wider on the fz6 from the looks of it. how hard would it be for a competent welder to weld some new tabs to the bottom triple of the r6?

Last edited:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Out of curiosity, which year R6 triple are you looking into?

I think the older style, 2003-2005?, has a semi-flat surface on the lower triple. If there is enough real estate, you could easily add some aftermarket stops similar to what I had to do for my ZX6R swap (photo below).

Otherwise, any competent aluminum welder would be able to cut and relocate the stops as long as you gave them guidance on placement.

Hope this is helpful!

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
i am using r6 triples, with no stoppers. the original stoppers were cut off, handlebars never hit the tank.

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i am using r6 triples, with no stoppers. the original stoppers were cut off, handlebars never hit the tank.

what year r6 triples are you using? i'm specifically talking about the r6s or the '03-'04 triples. i already have the forks and calipers and was going to do the standard mod with shims, but i'm wondering about going this route. if so, it'd free up those parts for a cafe project i have going on.