Dominator Projector headlights install

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know retrofit source sells good quality components and their customer service is quite good.. but if i had this to do over I would get an ebay morimoto knock off projectors for 1/3rd the price. I also found good quality ac digital ballasts for about $8 when winning bids. Basically all this HID stuff is made in China. American companies slap their logo on it and provide customer service that drives the cost way up

would you mind sharing the ebay link.
I have been burned twice...i think i had something they call G3 and then G5.... the projects were POS as the light cuttoff was horrible and scattered all over.. also the intensity was bad..

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Dev -
sorry to hear you got burned. unfortunately I cannot give a testimonial to actually using the ebay projector replica's I actually went with the morimoto projectors. My feeling is you can get simliar units for a much cheaper price than the morimotos

The story goes I ordered the knock-off units and got them then decided since it was my main christmas present I would spend the extra dough for the morimoto units. Honestly when I put one up to compare against the morimotos they looked identical save for the morimoto logo.

I can tell you though the seller I bought from I asked about 6 questions which he answered (US seller). I asked him to send me photos of these projectors installed showing the quality of the beams - he did send photos and the beam and cutoff looked excellent. If you search for "H1 mini projectors" you will get lots of choices. A pair runs for about $45. I wouldn't buy anything without seeing good photos of the units in action.

For ballasts few ebay sellers offer good quality AC digital ballasts. If AC isn't advertised these are probably the crappy DC ballasts. Amazingly I found a seller who puts premium AC digital 35w ballasts up starting at 99 cent auction price. I have bought 7 of them off this seller in the past 3 months. the most I ever paid was $8. Been using them in the bike since late last season and also in my car for the past 2 months. so far they have been excellent. this seller has none listed now.
1 Pcs Ultra Slim HID Xenon Premium Digital AC 35W Replacement Ballasts | eBay

Puncher

Reaction score
Visit site
Finished the bike and took it for a road test:

69530_10152071439978941_336908531_n.jpg

It definitely feels different than before. The fairings and windshield helped with wind a lot more than I realized! I might just sell this bike then now that its complete. As much as I like the naked look, I like riding with fairings.