Dragging rear brake :(

I have taken apart the calliper and brake system, cleaned, regreased and put back together, pads have loads left on them, disc in good condition.

afterwards the back tyre spun more freely, probably just about as freely as I would expect but the brake disc was mad hot again after a short ride with no heavy braking. Front brakes were not hot at all...

I have taken apart the calliper and brake system, cleaned, regreased and put back together, pads have loads left on them, disc in good condition.

afterwards the back tyre spun more freely, probably just about as freely as I would expect but the brake disc was mad hot again after a short ride with no heavy braking. Front brakes were not hot at all...

Even thou you've cleaned the pistons/bores, etc, if the rubber seals inside the caliber are well over two years old, the seals are likely NOT releasing the piston.

The rubber hardens up (over time) and doesn't allow the piston to retract. It gets pushed out all the way (by hydralic pressure), but the hardened rubber just won't let them return (unless you force them with a screwdriver, etc).

The rear caliper is easy enough to rebuild and with one piston, the seals should be cheap enough.

Back