Dyno run

Trouble

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought others might find this interesting. I put my '05 FZ6 on a dyno this weekend. It was just a hp run, but it was cheap. I have a PCIII, Scorpion pipes, cat elimiator pipe from Arrow, and I have slightly opened up the airbox.

were you in the area or did RJ's have an event over near you? They are based about 4 minuted from my work, but i know that they have the dyno trailer that they bring to motorcycle events. If you went to them how much was it for just 1 HP run? I want to get a baseline before i mod anything.

Over in the other forum, a guy just dyno'd his bone stock FZ6 at 89.10hp

A Euro guy posted his at 96.23 running a Euro mapping on his PCIII. Here are his mods: "Here's mine (European version) with K&N airfilter, Arrow cat replacement pipe, Akrapovic SP-series slip-on and PCIII so that's not so stock anymore"

Over in the other forum, a guy just dyno'd his bone stock FZ6 at 89.10hp

A Euro guy posted his at 96.23 running a Euro mapping on his PCIII. Here are his mods: "Here's mine (European version) with K&N airfilter, Arrow cat replacement pipe, Akrapovic SP-series slip-on and PCIII so that's not so stock anymore"

I wonder how much difference the Cat replacement pipe really makes? Most cats are very effecient these days and typically there is little if any performance gain.

When I get mine on the dyno I'm basically going to be set up like the Euro dude was, sans the cat pipe. What did the 6000 rpm flat spot do with those changes? I assume it was lessened and the mid-range was fuller through out.

I wonder how much difference the Cat replacement pipe really makes? Most cats are very effecient these days and typically there is little if any performance gain.

When I get mine on the dyno I'm basically going to be set up like the Euro dude was, sans the cat pipe. What did the 6000 rpm flat spot do with those changes? I assume it was lessened and the mid-range was fuller through out.

What 6,000 rpm flat spot?

What 6,000 rpm flat spot?

Here's the dyno sheet from the Akrapovic site. While the hp is linear, the torque falls on its face, the torque is really an odd curve. This is one reason our bike really comes alive at 7000 and above, we are out of that torque dead spot.

Here's the dyno sheet from the Akrapovic site. While the hp is linear, the torque falls on its face, the torque is really an odd curve. This is one reason our bike really comes alive at 7000 and above, we are out of that torque dead spot.

Sarge, are you looking at the ghost lines? If that were a true measurement of the torque curve, which I doubt, you wouldn't have to worry about a flat spot. Rather, you would be worrying about flying over the handlebars..... The reason I doubt the validity of the curve being represented is this mark at 5,200rpm. At 5,252 or there abouts, horsepower and torque will meet every time and I wouldn't care if it were a lawn mower engine. You'll note the two never meet.

You'll note the two never meet.

They can't meet as the y-axis scales are different for HP and torque. Akrapovic have posted two graphs on one piece of paper. I think if you were to plot torque to the same scale as HP on that graph, they would eventually cross (doesn't appear as though it would happen at 5250, but who knows?).

were you in the area or did RJ's have an event over near you? They are based about 4 minuted from my work, but i know that they have the dyno trailer that they bring to motorcycle events. If you went to them how much was it for just 1 HP run? I want to get a baseline before i mod anything.

This was a run on RJ's dyno trailer. They brought it to Cyclewise this weekend. It was $45 for the dyno.

Let me tell different story.
I think Dyno machine just measure the torque on each rpm at simple Hp measurement. Hp is defined formura as below.

Hp=Trque[kgf-m] * n[rpm] *0.001396

I don't know your unit and translate if you interested in.

I wanna think it positive the area of trque drop down is YAMAHA's recipe "How let rider feel elation like 2stroke rocket at full throttle". Frankly speaking, I need more wider power band(fatter mid range).

Back