Ebay levers review (pictures)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to pick up a set of these but am hesitant now. Don't want to deal with finding the right tools to get the new bushings out and the old ones in.

Don't sweat that part, Nick. I'll help you set them up if they're not perfect out of the box.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll let you know when I get mine. I still haven't received them and it's been a little over a week. I don't own a press so this will be fun if they aren't the correct bushings.

Let me know if you need help with yours, in case it's not a perfect fit.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to pick up a set of these but am hesitant now. Don't want to deal with finding the right tools to get the new bushings out and the old ones in.

I would go for it, the vast majority of people in this thread had no issues. Mine just arrived recently and they fit great and seem to have no issues. They work just as good as the stock ones and are adjustable.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the mod bug, bad. After feeling how much better the FZ1 bars were on my wrists, I'm just going to do new bars, grips, and levers in 1 shot. Might as well.

Thanks guys.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine today but spent a freaking hour trying to take off the clutch lever......

Im going to post up in the tech section and see if someone can help me out.

But i chose the silver with black switches. Its a little bling blingy, i probably should have gotten black. For some reason i thought these might match the stock silver LOL.

CIMG1135.jpg

CIMG1133.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine today but spent a freaking hour trying to take off the clutch lever......

But i chose the silver with black switches. Its a little bling blingy, i probably should have gotten black. For some reason i thought these might match the stock silver LOL.

CIMG1135.jpg

CIMG1133.jpg

Now you just need chrome pipes and chrome engine covers! :BLAA:

j/k.. they look very good actually.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site

I ordered silver ones today with red switches, but shorty handles. I think the silver looks cool.

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed my new levers. They look and feel great. The bushing for the clutch actually fit. I think I scratched the bracket for the clutch which caused the paint to chip but its hard to see. I think I can touch it up pretty easily if I find some paint. I was afraid that the clutch wasn't fully engaging but RPM level isn't an issue and no problem with it moving on its own or the engine bogging down.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
So its not really necessary to press out the bushing??

Apparently it depends upon which bushings the vendor puts into your levers. It sounds like some people are getting the correct bushings and some people are getting incorrect bushings.... I'm hoping for the correct ones when my long silver levers with black adjusters arrive. :Flash:

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
How "incorrect" is the bushing? When I first installed the clutch I thought it was too loose and wobbled. I took it off and tried taking the bushing out but couldn't. I put the stock lever back on and realized it had the same play so I put the new lever on again. Took it out on a test drive and it worked just fine.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Mine arrived (sort of)

Looks like my levers arrived today, but they were apparently sent registered mail and my wife was out when the mail arrived, so they're stuck at the post office until I can retrieve them on Saturday....

Oh well, hopefully I'll have some time to install them on Saturday. Pictures will follow.