Ever heard of these? Cheap short levers

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got mine in on saturday and had them both installed about 20 mins later. I've read of people saying that it was hard and the clutch took forever and stuff...well either I did it wrong, or they just were slow. If I would've tried (and knew where my tools were) I could have them both changed and ready to drive in probably 6 mins and 37 seconds...approximately.

Agreed, installation was straight forward and literally took me no more than 10 minutes. I didnt have to do any adjustments, filing, etc as it was all a direct swap operation.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine installed really easy, except that I had way too much clutch cable slack. Lifted the tank, pulled off the airbox, and expanded the cable adjustment barrel about half an inch and all was well.

Interestingly, the bushing that the stock clutch lever pivoted on was very fouled. I cleaned it as well as I could, but I think I'm going to have to order new. I applied grease to it, and the clutch seems a fair bit easier to pull.

As for having an adjustable clutch lever, I should have done this years ago. I went and did figure-8s, and they have never been so easy.

Here's a pic with the new levers on:

View attachment 42720

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
These aren't realy cheap but they are really nice levers. They MSRP at $129

This is the titanium finish which I like a lot more than the aluminum finish. They fit really nice on my SV with out a lot of up and down sloppy play that I've noticed on the FZ6 with the cheaper levers.

The company is JPR Performance: Welcome to JPR Performance, manufacturer of motorcycle accessories made with the high quality that riders demand, and prices to suit their budgets.

Canon%2520039-25p.jpgp

Canon%2520037_25p.jpg

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site

This is the titanium finish which I like a lot more than the aluminum finish. They fit really nice on my SV with out a lot of up and down sloppy play that I've noticed on the FZ6 with the cheaper levers.

The company is JPR Performance: Welcome to JPR Performance, manufacturer of motorcycle accessories made with the high quality that riders demand, and prices to suit their budgets.

Canon%2520039-25p.jpgp

Canon%2520037_25p.jpg

I really do not care for the looks of those.

That is odd about the "cheap" ones on a fz6. Mine do not have up and down slop play. Sounds like user error to me, nothing that 2 seconds of wrench time wouldn't have fixed.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I really do not care for the looks of those.

That is odd about the "cheap" ones on a fz6. Mine do not have up and down slop play. Sounds like user error to me, nothing that 2 seconds of wrench time wouldn't have fixed.

I've seen the slop on three different FZ6 bikes as well as other makes. I'm not saying this to hurt any ones feeling. It's an observation per my experience. I would also prefer a shimming solution to correct excessive play as apposed to trying to close the gap on the casting. :D Why shouldn't something meant to fit your bike fit and operate properly? :D

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After fitting mine Cliff, I noticed that the slop isnt the lever into the original housing Its the pivot point on the "adjustability" part of the lever. I got rid of some of that slack by tightening up the adjustment lever bolt and nilock nut but your absolutley right It should be right from the getgo
I had to filedown the boss on the brake lever to get it to slide into the brake lever holder with out binding and dragging the brake or at best just leaving the brake light on. The clutch on the other hand (ha ha) takes the bush from the OEM lever and its snug and just the right amount of play after tightening that pivot point nut/bolt.
shims might be the go????

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen the slop on three different FZ6 bikes as well as other makes. I'm not saying this to hurt any ones feeling. It's an observation per my experience. I would also prefer a shimming solution to correct excessive play as apposed to trying to close the gap on the casting. :D Why shouldn't something meant to fit your bike fit and operate properly? :D

it does on mine, no problems at all. Sorry you had to pay significantly more for your 2 pieces of machined aluminum.

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed mine about a month ago. Bolted right up without any issue. Had a little slop from the adjusters but one turn of a wrench on each side and they're solid now. I've had them side by side with a friends black (now copper 2 years later) Pazzo's and can't tell the difference. I got the silver/chrome ones so that I didn't have to worry about the black fading but it turns out the main mounts on them are black no matter what color you get...oh well, for $35 these things kick ass. Even if they faded faster than the more expensive ones, you could buy 4 or more sets of these for the price of one of theirs.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site

Canon%2520039-25p.jpgp

Canon%2520037_25p.jpg

While I do agree that there was a little freeplay, most of which was totally eliminated by simply tightening the allen bolt and nyloc nut, I cant justify spending $130 or anything more than $35 for that matter for an almost identical lever that has no free play at all.

My levers fit with no adjustment at all, look awesome, feel great, and offer the adjustability I was looking for. All for the amazing price of $35. I too have seen and felt Pazzo and CRG levers (cant speak for the ones above, but they look quite nice) and can say that the differences between the expensive ones and the cheap ones are so minute that the uptick in price just seems outrageous.

I have always been one to spend more money on quality parts, but IMHO, with something as simple as a billet aluminum lever, spending that much more just doesnt make sense.

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
it does on mine, no problems at all. Sorry you had to pay significantly more for your 2 pieces of machined aluminum.

Do i sense a bit of sarcasm? :thumbup:

Anyways, to each their own. I guess mine as well as others just happen to fit perfectly and we lucked out with a great price. I will say if i received something i paid for and it didnt fit, I would send back for exchange or refund before i would file any part on my bike or the product. The more i look at pics, the more i kinda wish i would have got black with gold adjusters. How tough do ya'll think it would be for me to take off the adjuster and sand/paint it? :BLAA: i have the titanium adjuster now...

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Id rather adjust the $40lever than spwnd almost that much wirh postage. If they had been $120 Pazzos....different story. But.bb I knew it wasnt the bikes specs that were out and like you, I ll not adjust anyrhing on my bike to make after market acc#sories fit

Can you get ally re anodized?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Installed mine about a month ago. Bolted right up without any issue. Had a little slop from the adjusters but one turn of a wrench on each side and they're solid now. I've had them side by side with a friends black (now copper 2 years later) Pazzo's and can't tell the difference. I got the silver/chrome ones so that I didn't have to worry about the black fading but it turns out the main mounts on them are black no matter what color you get...oh well, for $35 these things kick ass. Even if they faded faster than the more expensive ones, you could buy 4 or more sets of these for the price of one of theirs.

What a fool to have spent $35 and then wasted all that time and grueling effort turning a wrench for .3 seconds. That is what you get for purchasing discount machined aluminum!:BLAA:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do i sense a bit of sarcasm? :thumbup:

Anyways, to each their own. I guess mine as well as others just happen to fit perfectly and we lucked out with a great price. I will say if i received something i paid for and it didnt fit, I would send back for exchange or refund before i would file any part on my bike or the product. The more i look at pics, the more i kinda wish i would have got black with gold adjusters. How tough do ya'll think it would be for me to take off the adjuster and sand/paint it? :BLAA: i have the titanium adjuster now...

Lol, I could afford any lever I want but why waste money on something so simple and see zero performance gains? I guess some people are insecure and need that extra reassurance. Mine fit and work flawlessly.

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
Id rather adjust the $40lever than spwnd almost that much wirh postage. If they had been $120 Pazzos....different story. But.bb I knew it wasnt the bikes specs that were out and like you, I ll not adjust anyrhing on my bike to make after market acc#sories fit

Can you get ally re anodized?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure if you can (get it re anodized). The whole concept of how to paint what kinda metal or if you have to ceramic/powder coat is over my head. It would definitely be easy if i could just throw some rough grit sand paper to the adjusters and the prime and paint it...