• M4

Votes: 23 2.7%
  • JET Performance Engineered Exhaust

Votes: 5 0.6%

• Total voters

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all I just picked up an 08 a couple days ago with Quad Lasers. Sounds like a swarm of angry bees. I found this thread and read something about a DB Killer. How do you remove this?

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Hey all I just picked up an 08 a couple days ago with Quad Lasers. Sounds like a swarm of angry bees. I found this thread and read something about a DB Killer. How do you remove this?

It's been a few years since I put my Laser Quads on, and I have the dB-killers installed.

Items 70, 71, and 72 in this drawing shows what they are:
http://shop.laserexhausts.com/assets/webcatalogue/VoertuigPDF/Bike/YAM_027_0600_FZ_843001_FZ6.pdf

Basically, if you don't put the dB-killer in, you need to put the small sleeve in its place.

I personally found the bike a bit too loud with Sports-inserts installed, but that's a personal preference. Ironic considering how loud my car is... :rockon:

Here's the sales brochure for the Laser Quads:
http://shop.laserexhausts.com/assets/webcatalogue/NPI/Bike/LASER_NPI_FZ6_04_XTR_JUL05_EN_s.pdf

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! Exactly the info I needed. Do the exhausts come with both db killer and sport inserts or do you buy them separately? I just picked up the bike a couple days ago. The previous owner didnt mention anything about have the sport inserts laying around.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Awesome! Exactly the info I needed. Do the exhausts come with both db killer and sport inserts or do you buy them separately? I just picked up the bike a couple days ago. The previous owner didnt mention anything about have the sport inserts laying around.

I bought my Laser Quad used, but the exhaust should come with both the dB-killers and the Sports-inserts when it is new.

Maybe the folks at FosterRad can get the Sports-inserts for you. Their website seems to be attacked (according to google), but the email contact info that I have is: [email protected]

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
So many choices and too many questions. I have looked over the forums for several days and still having a hard time figuring out what manufacturers I can actually use on my 2007. I have a Givi top mount rack (for a V46 box) and side mount v35s. I know this limits what will work on the bike, but cannot get a definitive answer - any help is welcome.

The next item is that whatever I choose just needs to be slightly louder and lower than the stock exhaust. Seems that Scorpions, Ixil, Akrapovic, and maybe a few others fit this bill from what I am reading.

Ok, let the help begin...and thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally dropped the cash on a stainless two bros set I got new on ebay. They look SHARP and SOUND AMAZING

I don't have a video of the sound.. .but here's the pictures!

418637_3612088261377_1571477394_n.jpg

315480_3621274931038_2108677713_n.jpg

(Yes, I've already gotten a new back tire...)
405369_3621276331073_2046627936_n.jpg

547884_3621276811085_804361232_n.jpg

Worth every penny. :)

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
Any audio - would love to hear them?

This guy's video has the sport inserts but to be honest I can't tell the difference from any of the videos I've seen. You have to hear it in person.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqRcidIw1JA]laser x-treme exhaust on yamaha fz6 - YouTube[/ame]

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Finally got a hold of the guys at FosterRad. They're sending me the sport inserts. I'm really hoping that will improve the sound.
Sound is much improved now. Louder and deeper.

Glad to hear that you were able to get the parts from them.

Maybe someday I'll try putting my sport inserts back in, even though I thought that they used to be too loud.

I'm curious, are you still running a cat or a straight pipe? If you still have the cat, maybe that's why your Lasers didn't sound good with the DB-killers installed.

heath_AU

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All

Has been ages since i have been on here

Well i installed a set of Akrapovic SP-series titanium slip-on pipes back in April or so and i must say i am a very very happy boy.
The one HUGE difference was removing the Cat though.
Once the cans were removed i started it with the cat still installed and again when we cut out the cat and welded in some stainless pipe and the increase in noise/dB was insane. Dramatic doesnt quite sum it up
So to summarise - dont bother removing the Cat for extra power/flow. Modern bikes already have high-flow Cats (unlike cars) but do it for the extra bark that will be tranformed into a magical note when you get those a/market cans fitted

I constantly get messages from mates who were in the same postcode i happen to be riding through saying things like "DUUUUDE - SSSIIIIIKKKKKKK PIPESSSS!" (this was a real message from a mate who recognised by bike)

I should also add that the baffles in my pipes have never come in contact with exhaust gases

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All

Has been ages since i have been on here

Well i installed a set of Akrapovic SP-series titanium slip-on pipes back in April or so and i must say i am a very very happy boy.
The one HUGE difference was removing the Cat though.
Once the cans were removed i started it with the cat still installed and again when we cut out the cat and welded in some stainless pipe and the increase in noise/dB was insane. Dramatic doesnt quite sum it up
So to summarise - dont bother removing the Cat for extra power/flow. Modern bikes already have high-flow Cats (unlike cars) but do it for the extra bark that will be tranformed into a magical note when you get those a/market cans fitted

I constantly get messages from mates who were in the same postcode i happen to be riding through saying things like "DUUUUDE - SSSIIIIIKKKKKKK PIPESSSS!" (this was a real message from a mate who recognised by bike)

I should also add that the baffles in my pipes have never come in contact with exhaust gases

Photos please...
:needpics: