Exhaust...finally!

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
After a long year with the FZ I finally found some pipes call it cheap or whatever but I just wasn't going to spend $500 on exhaust. Thanks to a smoking deal from wdsoccer I have some Arrows and loving it. Sound is great to me nice low growl at idle and an almost motoGP race type sound at rev very smooth sounding not "tinny" at all IMO. Not quite as loud as some others but plenty for me especially w/o the cat on there. power feels good so far just a quick trip around the block but front end deffinately feels "lighter" under acelleration going for a long ride tomorrow to get a better feel. here's the before pics I didn't take my own so just some of the ones he sent me.

Last edited:

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
The cat elim. I made myself and wrapped with exhaust wrap. I pulled the emblems and end caps off the pipes. Sprayed the cans and all the pipes with a Silicone based paint designed just for exhaust. Trying to avoid a lot of shine on the bike, older I get the less I want to waste time polishing and really like the flat black look. Riveted everything back together and voila one-off set of Arrows. :rockon:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Great job on the painting! really goes well with your bike. :thumbup: I like your custom seat too! Very sharp.

Now just get those rear sets paitned black!

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone.

staticghost- The seat is a custom job done by a local shop here. It is basically a reshaped factory seat with a gel pad and custom stitched leather. Very comfortable and much less than the aftermarket options.

Boneman- Thanks, yea those rearsets stick out like a sore thumb now..lol...just got to find someone local to PC them, the bars and the triple and it will be completly blacked out. I know even the best paint I have won't hold up on the rearsets and bars due to the constant rubbing from boots and wires so need someone else to do them.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hollywood416 said:
Thanks, yea those rearsets stick out like a sore thumb now..lol...just got to find someone local to PC them, the bars and the triple and it will be completly blacked out. I know even the best paint I have won't hold up on on the rearsets and bars do to the constant rubbing from boots and wires so need someone else to do them.

Looks GREAT! I'm a bit jealous! ;)

RE the rearsets... yes, 6k miles and mine are basically wrecked. I was going to have them PC'd over the winter but Bush economics and life happened. Maybe this winter! Anyone who has a PC coating, how's the rears holding up? Thanks!

Gemini77

Reaction score
Visit site
The cat elim. I made myself and wrapped with exhaust wrap. I pulled the emblems and end caps off the pipes. Sprayed the cans and all the pipes with a Silicone based paint designed just for exhaust. Trying to avoid a lot of shine on the bike, older I get the less I want to waste time polishing and really like the flat black look. Riveted everything back together and voila one-off set of Arrows. :rockon:

very nice!!! :thumbup:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks very much for sharing. What paint did you use? I was thinking of ceramic coating mine - but it's hard to find somewhere that will do it and it's damn expensive.

How long have you had the paint on for? How's it lasting?

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks very much for sharing. What paint did you use? I was thinking of ceramic coating mine - but it's hard to find somewhere that will do it and it's damn expensive.

How long have you had the paint on for? How's it lasting?

The paint I used is made by DEI same company as the wrap it's called Hi-Temp Silicone Coating comes in a few colors but not many. I just did do the exhaust only have about 150miles on it with no issues but I had also done the mid-pipe with it and it still looked good after 9 months and 7k miles but it's a little more protected. The exhasut is not as well protected but if you do it in layers and let it fully cure between chips should not be an issue. :thumbup:

Last edited: