Exhaust for 06 info and opinions

Dannyfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm new to the forum, I have just bought an 06 fz6 which I pick up this weekend :rockon: I'm thinking of changing the rear pipes for slip ons. Which ones are good value for money and give a good sound??? I have seen a lot of members rate the scorpions what are people's recommendations? Thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great forum!

There are so many exhausts to choose from. I would be patient because the FZ6 exhaust systems tend to be pricey because you have 2 cans. I've always had Two Brothers Racing on my bikes and I really like the sound. Leo Vince is another great sounding exhaust. Scorps are very popular.

Again welcome to our great big international family! :rockon:We have over 19,000 members and dinner is going to be a Beeotch!!! :eek::BLAA:

Dannyfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I will prob hold on for a bit to see if I can find any for sale privately. But will keep on to get as much info as possible:thumbup: as everyone on the forum has a good view/opinion as most have replaced their exhaust already.

Thanks Danny

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome!!

I've been looking out for a decent set of slipons for ages on ebay and have yet to see any decent priced ones, as yet no luck. Most go for not far off retails for a new pair and if you factor in warranty it's not worth it in my book.
Also in the UK getting of some of those pipes that are offered in US are a lot more expensive :(

Good luck!

Dannyfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have found a set of scorpion exhaust system which is a stainless round can for £344.42 this seems to be the cheapest I can find online at the minute.

NorcoT

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 came with Beowulf cans on the back, as far as I can see they arent too expensive. IMO they could look better, but I have a GIVI rack which kind of conceals them a little anyhow, but they sound great. Loud but not over the top, removable baffles too so you can whip them out with an allen key and wake the entire street every morning when you start or put them back in when it comes round to MOT time ;)

Oh and they are definitely a crap load lighter than the stock cans! Noticeable difference.

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
I went with a pr of Scorps on my 08. Very nice sound, removeable baffles and shed loiads lighter than stock. They fit without any other mods/adjustments but can be tricky blighters if a full Givi rack system is fitted.