Exhaust metals or carbon fiber.

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been searching for a exhaust for my new r6:rockon: I narrowed down the brand I want. But now I don't know if I should get aluminum, titanium or carbon fiber. Is there a difference in what I choose or is it just looks?
Thanks
Chris

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Chris,

I like alloy myself. I had titanium on my R1 but I have the SV1000s now and I chose aluminum. I also had aluminum on my FZ6.

There's nothing wrong with CF and I really like the look but some manufactures won't warranty a can if you dyno the bike and suffer a burnout, as well as it is supposed to be a little more critical time wise in changing the packing than with the alloys.

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking into the 2bros black series. Does the aluminum show the heat colors like header do after time? Do they get hotter? Is titanium heavier? These things cost so much, I just wanna make sure I get the right one.
Such a tough decision. Lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking into the 2bros black series. Does the aluminum show the heat colors like header do after time? Do they get hotter? Is titanium heavier? These things cost so much, I just wanna make sure I get the right one.
Such a tough decision. Lol

No Aluminum doesn't change color and no real weight difference. That's what I use. Two Bros. Black will look sick! :BLAA:

Jomomma

I'm not a Junior Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the Two Bros alum on mine and couldn't be happier. Very beastly sounding.

Jayson

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered the TB titanium Black Series from MotorcycleGear.com (the new name of New Enough) :: Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Gloves, Boots, Luggage, Parts and More!. TB is back ordered about a week due to them waiting for a run of the included turn signals to arrive. Motorcycle Gear had the best price by far and so far their communication with me has been very good. Hopefully the exhaust will arrive next week and I'll have pics and video up soon, although I doubt there is any sound difference between the Ti and the Aluminum cans.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All comes down to personal choice. I have carbon fiber on my Scorpion pipes.

I love carbon fiber, but don't like ALL carbon fiber weaves. Again, personal choice.

Good luck with your decision :thumbup: