Exhaust spotting already

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Well i would like to add on to the thread that i went to the hardware store and purchased the proper steel wool. I then purchased a tube of autosol off ebay on the 2nd of this month. I then checked back into ebay and low and behold the transaction was removed, and the user is no longer registered with ebay. frickin awesome. So now i have to dispute it with ebay and paypal for a lousy $10.85. Sucks. Unless of course he sends it to me. TO make sure it was only a few days ago and since its coming from hong kong i will give it two weeks.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i would like to add on to the thread that i went to the hardware store and purchased the proper steel wool. I then purchased a tube of autosol off ebay on the 2nd of this month. I then checked back into ebay and low and behold the transaction was removed, and the user is no longer registered with ebay. frickin awesome. So now i have to dispute it with ebay and paypal for a lousy $10.85. Sucks. Unless of course he sends it to me. TO make sure it was only a few days ago and since its coming from hong kong i will give it two weeks.

Probably should have got the autosol at the hardware store :D Shouldn't be that much more expensive! But god do I hate those stupid ebay scammers :ban: them all!

I checked at the local dealers and they all said due to the makeup of our exhausts thats what will happen, and as someone else mentioned you can spend hours fixing it, or just wear it as a badge of honour. If anyone asks its because "I GO SO FAST!!!!"

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Probably should have got the autosol at the hardware store :D Shouldn't be that much more expensive! But god do I hate those stupid ebay scammers :ban: them all!

I checked at the local dealers and they all said due to the makeup of our exhausts thats what will happen, and as someone else mentioned you can spend hours fixing it, or just wear it as a badge of honour. If anyone asks its because "I GO SO FAST!!!!"

Reason i tried ebay is because i am assuming no store around me is going to have it but i guess i could have fun with the the dumbfounded looks i will get when asking for autosol locally. Whats really the best place? Ace? Home Depot? A plumbers store? Auto parts store?

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm its normally here at any good hardware store and definately at any auto parts store whether its for cars or bikes. Most motorcycle dealers here sell it too, but generally in the smaller more expensive tubes
I would think Home Depot would have it too since its awesome for cleaning any metal, not just vehicles, but you might find there is something similar but a different brand for you.

You could actually use just a simple soap with the steel wool for cleaning off the rust spots and the colouring, but you need to make sure it is heavily lathered with soap and that you are rubbing gently to avoid scratching. I'd still recommend using the autosol for the final coat though since it brings the metal up really nicely.
Might be an idea to try and get one of the small paint tin containers since you can go through alot of the stuff trying to get a nice result.
In the end I gave up since after one ride it was back to that bronzed look and the splotches came back even worse and more numerous!

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Hmm its normally here at any good hardware store and definately at any auto parts store whether its for cars or bikes. Most motorcycle dealers here sell it too, but generally in the smaller more expensive tubes
I would think Home Depot would have it too since its awesome for cleaning any metal, not just vehicles, but you might find there is something similar but a different brand for you.

You could actually use just a simple soap with the steel wool for cleaning off the rust spots and the colouring, but you need to make sure it is heavily lathered with soap and that you are rubbing gently to avoid scratching. I'd still recommend using the autosol for the final coat though since it brings the metal up really nicely.
Might be an idea to try and get one of the small paint tin containers since you can go through alot of the stuff trying to get a nice result.
In the end I gave up since after one ride it was back to that bronzed look and the splotches came back even worse and more numerous!

Today i tried Ace hardware, auto zone and auto barn. none had it. tomorrow i will try home depot i guess. I wonder is theres a close alternative. I never tried the never dull or mothers chrome polish with the steel wool i just bought.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Today i tried Ace hardware, auto zone and auto barn. none had it. tomorrow i will try home depot i guess. I wonder is theres a close alternative. I never tried the never dull or mothers chrome polish with the steel wool i just bought.

I tried Wal mart and Home Depot and none had Autosol.

Anyone know what section I should be looking?

Dennis