idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
someone just installed this one and the only problem i recall was that his plate light did not mount to it, but if you get the light that they sell for it as well then i guess it is pretty good.

ltdan

Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldnt count on the long-term durability of 1/8" aluminum vibrating around on the back of a bike, but ya never know. It's cheap enough to give it a whirl.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
S

soul2coal

Sorry if this has already been posted.
I am looking at this fe kit of ebay
eBay Motors: 0405060708 Yamaha FZ 6 FZ6 SILVER Fender eliminator TSM (item 350058875414 end time May-17-08 10:29:55 PDT)

Is there a reason the ones from ebay are so much cheaper?

I bought this kit and installed it a couple of weeks ago. The only problem I had was the spacing between the mounting tabs which is easily solved by putting it in a vice and GENTLY prying it apart a little bit. As was mentioned, the stock plate light will not fit on this application. You will have to come up with a way to illuminate your plate. I used LED's, you can buy license plate screws with lights built into the heads, or maybe you'll come up with your own unique idea. The differens between the silver and the black FE is the black one has NO spot for turn signals. It is designed for and integrated tail lilight with the signals built in. As for this kit being cheap...it serves it's purpose, it holds the plate and signals, and it got rid of the factory rear fender. That's all I wanted it to do. MATT

S

soul2coal

BTW, GCONN posted the link to the thread I posted on the install. You can see what it looks like installed.