Fender eliminator and led integrated tail/turn

cugmc

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed motodynamics LED integrated taillight with sequential turn signals. Also I installed a fender eliminator kit from creese1 on ebay. All I have to do is put some bullet connectors on the license plate led wires. Everything can be returned to stock too. I reused the stock fender bolts to hold the f/e kit on but I didn't use the bushings because they let the plate swing. So I used some flat washers and a lock washer with some loctite. I'm pretty happy with the results.

IMAG2533.jpg
IMAG2535.jpg

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered this kit.What are you going to do about the hanging wires? And also I guess I have to get bullet connectors

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
I looked at one of those some time ago, but quit the idea, the turn signal is less seen than the stock one on very bright days, if you look at VW Passat taillights it happens the same because of the turn signal inside the red light, and for me safety is first.

I would rather switch the normal turn signals for led, like I had on my Thundercat, that was a major improvement and people saw the light way better.

Just my 2 cents.

"V"

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the integrated tail light but plan on also installing led t/s on the back and front for better visibility.

cugmc

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered this kit.What are you going to do about the hanging wires? And also I guess I have to get bullet connectors

? Which hanging wires? The only one that sort of hangs is the license plate led wire. but no more than the stock wires do. The exhaust is above it so can't really pull it up tight.

And yes 1/8" or 5/32" bullet connectors keep all the stock connectors in place so I didn't mess with any factory connections.

cugmc

Reaction score
Visit site
I looked at one of those some time ago, but quit the idea, the turn signal is less seen than the stock one on very bright days, if you look at VW Passat taillights it happens the same because of the turn signal inside the red light, and for me safety is first.

I would rather switch the normal turn signals for led, like I had on my Thundercat, that was a major improvement and people saw the light way better.

Just my 2 cents.

"V"

Yeah I'm debating this idea. I love the sleek, clean look. But I do like having very visible lights. I'm thinking with the sequential function they should be as noticeable. Idk.

But just in case, I ordered the f/e kit with the brackets for the t/s so I can add them later if I want. Gotta think ahead...

cugmc

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the integrated tail light but plan on also installing led t/s on the back and front for better visibility.

If you are doing the led ts up front I'm working on putting mine on Friday. I ordered factory connector leads off ebay for $9, can be returned to factory, no splicing. And I'm keeping the running light/ts function by installing diodes (radio shack had 3 amp and 6 amp so I went with 6), and 220 ohm resistors on the running light wire so I keep both functions.IMAG2547.jpgIMAG2541.jpgIMAG2539.jpg

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are doing the led ts up front I'm working on putting mine on Friday. I ordered factory connector leads off ebay for $9, can be returned to factory, no splicing. And I'm keeping the running light/ts function by installing diodes (radio shack had 3 amp and 6 amp so I went with 6), and 220 ohm resistors on the running light wire so I keep both functions.View attachment 64735View attachment 64736View attachment 64737
So you were able to keep the front running lights after all with no problems? Im having Oxford LEDs put up front in a couple days but mechanic said there was no way to keep them as running lights. Had the f/e and t/s installed on back with integrated tail light too.

Last edited: