fender eliminator???

Do it?

• Hell yeah

Votes: 251 78.4%
  • Don't ruin your bike.

Votes: 69 21.6%

• Total voters
I took mine off ,Wolfman got defected for one and I believe Vegasrider has a stock fender too.

They were defecting bikes out where I live the other day, pulling over every single bike over in an area that we like to ride. :(

I have an FE kit, it's sitting in a box... until I can think of a way to make a rear hugger look sexy... that could be sometime :rolleyes:

:BLAA:

If it's legal where you are, a FE kit makes your bike look absolutely sexy... combined with no hugger, delicious... altho lots of spray haha - I wouldn't want to be following you thru some loose stuff on the road.

Ok, apparently, Australian Standards stipulate that a motorcycle must have a rear fender (or mudflap) reach to no less than approximately 2cms above the rear axle line. (or lower than 45 degrees of the axle line - depending on what you read)

This has been subject to discussion and debate, but my understanding is that rule still applies.

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:
Yep, that rule still applies but I don't care. I am running the gauntlet with my fender eliminator. Didn't get picked up when I was riding in SA, Vic or Tas last year.

So far so good :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was at a local shop with a friend and saw a universal targa plate & indicator bracket for $20. My friend had some sheet metal laying around the garage, so I said "screw it" and bought the bracket, $15 indicators and a $5 plate light.
We uninstalled the stock fender and traced on outline on the sheet metal, making a rough prototype. Cut it out with tin snips, drilled holes and checked for fit. After that, we made a cleaner one and installed everything.
After a week, several heavy rains and a wash, all the electrics still work, so all seems well.
Note: I've painted the metal since then.

Ok, apparently, Australian Standards stipulate that a motorcycle must have a rear fender (or mudflap) reach to no less than approximately 2cms above the rear axle line. (or lower than 45 degrees of the axle line - depending on what you read)

This has been subject to discussion and debate, but my understanding is that rule still applies.

Cheers,
Rick

Never heard the 2cm bit, heard the 45 degrees bit tho... it's a rule that makes a lot of sense but it's also so bleeding ugly.

Other things to consider (in Oz) is the light on the number plate and I believe there's a minimum width between the indicators also. So even with a really huge rear hugger ... some FE's wouldn't be legal due to the lighting/indicator distance.
Don't quote me on that tho... it's a very grey area...

pretty sure there was some bloke who challenged it in court, when he had a custom one that complied with the ADR's...

Hell cops (apparently) give people tickets with straight off the show room fenders... so yeah :rolleyes: I must admit tho... some of the more recent fenders... look a little... abstract... and possibly not at all effective. Makes you wonder how they passed adrs to get sold here tho???? :confused:

I wonder if something like this would be legal for all of you in AUS....

2vbv5hg.jpg

Grtz,

Degake

On the majority of sportbikes i think the fenders are horrible and need to come off to make a bike look decent, but the fender on the FZ6 is tasteful enough that i don't think it looks all that bad. For the FZ6 I can think of many other places that i would rather invest some money

I have the R&G Tail Tidy, it takes the stock flickers and is a straight swop with the stocker. I didn't install the plate light because the cops here don't care :spank:

I have one but have yet to install it. I put on a M4 slip on and the FE kit doesn't seem to want to work with the M4. :(

I was able to make my own using all the factory hardware except 2 bolts and one piece of angled aluminum from Home Depot. Waiting on the LED tail light with integrated turn signals. Then it will really look nice. Took about 1 hour. I have since leveled the turn signals and spaced them with a couple washers.

View attachment 49599

View attachment 49600

Does everyone with a fender eliminator get a wet bum in the rain?

I have noticed that when i ride in the rain i get a lot of water projections upwards, and i end up with the sides of my butt and my back wet. I end up with my back covered with road water.
My friend who has a stock FZ6 doesn't suffer from that!

My tail tidy is the Evotech one, good looking, but you pay a price for it!

Maybe the question is does anyone not get a wet behind????

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

Back