First mods!! I've got the itch...

Jabarker

Reaction score
Visit site
Busy day in my apartment dining room...

Installed my homemade fender eliminator. I used sleepymas' Homedepot parts idea. And used parts of the original fender. I took the metal pieces that the side reflectors were attached to, bent them into an "L" bracket and attached the turn signals to them. I cut the rubber down on the turn signals so that it fit, but still covered the exposed hardware. Couldn't figure out a way to use the original license plate light. That will be a fix for later. I ran the turn signal wires the same way the were originally and zip tied the slack with the rest of the wires inside that left plastic piece (not sure what the tech term is). I painted it all black and put it on. I think it looks a lot cleaner.

Also painted the exhaust cover flat black (not high temp paint lol). It's a temp fix until I can buy a new exhaust. And finally removed all the stickers.

I have a projector light kit and new tires on the way.

Now she just needs a bath :Flash:

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey looks good:thumbup:

:welcome:and that wont be your last, I'm in Placentia we should ride sometime, me and my friend are always lookin for more to join us. PM me sometime!

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha ha. did you cover the reg plate so as not to show you plate number. We can see it in the photo looking backwards.

On a serious point thought the tail looks pretty neat now.:thumbup:

Firehawk

Reaction score
Visit site
Couldn't figure out a way to use the original license plate light. That will be a fix for later.

I'm wondering if anyone has found a fix for this yet... I want to do the fender eliminator mod as well but Idaho laws require a license plate light. Any thoughts? Thanks!

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
-Get LED bolts for license plate.
-Wire them up where old license plate light went.
-Attach license plate with bolts, line up lights.
-Profit.

Don't make it harder than it should be. You can also find cheap FE kits on ebay that have predrilled holes for the license plate light. Simple solutions are usually the best.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The 2 top bolts on my plate have LEDs in them. Not cheap, but work great for lighting up the plate! Also, I have never really understood the whole hiding the lisence plate thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Firehawk

Reaction score
Visit site
-Get LED bolts for license plate.
-Wire them up where old license plate light went.
-Attach license plate with bolts, line up lights.
-Profit.

Don't make it harder than it should be. You can also find cheap FE kits on ebay that have predrilled holes for the license plate light. Simple solutions are usually the best.

The 2 top bolts on my plate have LEDs in them. Not cheap, but work great for lighting up the plate! Also, I have never really understood the whole hiding the lisence plate thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! I had been trying to figure out how to integrate my stock plate light but the led bolts make a lot more sense.