First time for everything....

Laurence243

Reaction score
Visit site
It happened to me too this year. Fortunately I found the whole fairing from one of the members here.

And here it is another member's selling his fairing also. I hope it's still available for you.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/bike...iring-other-naked-project-take-off-parts.html

If it's too high price you want to pay, you can always make her naked. They sell kits on ebay or get separate parts to make it naked. It can be done, look at StreetFighter section of the forum.

I got my bike almost done, waiting on rear wheels which was bent. Good luck!

I actually just bought that fairing and headlight assembly today :D

Laurence243

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm just going to sand and paint mine, but thank you :)

I ordered some Motovation sliders, but they're back ordered. They recommended Rizoma sliders instead. They're a little more expensive, what say you guys?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing I know about sliders, you want the ones that have been proven to work. Motivations have been proven countless of times on this forum, not sure about the Rizamo. I'm sure if you had those Motivation Sliders, it would have reduced the damages from your recent off.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm just going to sand and paint mine, but thank you :)

I ordered some Motovation sliders, but they're back ordered. They recommended Rizoma sliders instead. They're a little more expensive, what say you guys?

Woodcraft. $63 from moto-heaven on eBay.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
They say they need some minor body work cutting, is that true for the fz6? An Amazon review said no cutting was needed...

Nope, no cutting needed, they bolt into the same place as the others. Here's some pics.
16260531446_30c09b6798_z.jpg

16098921118_ef9c59f710_z.jpg

16099097310_b7bc247f84_z.jpg

Here's a link to a post i made on my local forum asking about frame sliders, plenty of racers and track day junkies have tested them. School me on frame sliders - Band Of Riders

Last edited:

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Added some pics of the woodcrafts. They use a two-part design, an aluminum mount bolts into the frame, and then a flat head screw holds the plastic puck to the aluminum mount from the side. The benefit to this is that you can replace the puck for only $15, and if you do crash, you don't need to dig out a bunch of melted plastic to get to the bolt to get the slider off.

Laurence243

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man :) Ordered some last night

Got the Allen wrenches I needed today and straightened my alignment. Are you guys sure 22ft/lbs is the torque spec on those? That seemed pretty loose.

Also I noticed the tree that holds the fairing was bent off to the right, so I hammered that straight :x