Flappy rear brake light housing with gap at the top!

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it just mine or does every FZ6 have the flappy rear brake light, I can literally rock it around up and down and it looks like it should be sitting higher up against the rear fairing there is always a gap that looks like its been bodged back on after an accident. I tried tightening the screws under the seat but they are already tight compressing the rubber to the light housing. I have a feeling it was designed this way but to me it looks awful and annoys the heck out of me. It just wants propping up a few mm too be honest to close the gap.

Does anyone else have this or find it buggy or is this just my ocd?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it just mine or does every FZ6 have the flappy rear brake light, I an literally rock it around up and down and it looks like it should be sitting higher up against the rear fairing there is always a gap that looks like its been bodged back on after an accident. I tried tightening the screws under the seat but they are already tight compressing the rubber to the light housing. I have a feeling it was designed this way but to me it looks awful and annoys the heck out of me. It just wants propping up a few mm too be honest to close the gap.

Does anyone else have this or find it buggy or is this just my ocd?
My 05 has the same thing. The housing is mounted with rubber bushings, so some of the movement is by design. My po was a bit of a hack and did a little damage when he installed a motodynnamics tail light. Sonperhaps mine moves more than it should as well. It bugged me at first, but not any more. When faced with the choice of fix or ride, ride ALWAYS wins.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Think ill leave it then, I'm being too picky.

I don't think you're being picky. It bothered me too initially but it's not like I can see it bouncing when I'm riding, and the bouncing probably acts as a sort of modulator to drivers behind me. I don't really see any harm in securing it in place somehow.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If the movement in the tail light bothers you, wedge somthing under it to get in where you want it, lift the seat and put two gobs of silastic on either side of the lens to hold in place. Bear in mind tho, the lamp filament will now be subject to more vibration and probably will blow quicker.

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
Its called "power blue", the last of the fz6 fazers in 09 released along with "autumn orange" both of which had silver coated frames and swingarms and "midnight black" that had a black frame. I was a bit disappointed to have to go for a silver framed bike as I wanted all black, but it has grown on me a bit and was a great deal had everything I wanted full history fairly low miles for the price. Would still prefer all black tbh.

Rubberside_Down

Reaction score
Visit site
I put 2 small pieces of velcro on the bottom of my motodynamics lights and the corresponding hook pieces on the small plastic piece that borders it. I'm sure it moves if I hit a large bump at speed but other than that it's quite stationary

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Its called "power blue", the last of the fz6 fazers in 09 released along with "autumn orange" both of which had silver coated frames and swingarms and "midnight black" that had a black frame. I was a bit disappointed to have to go for a silver framed bike as I wanted all black, but it has grown on me a bit and was a great deal had everything I wanted full history fairly low miles for the price. Would still prefer all black tbh.

Gotcha. Well I love the color either way. I can't find any pics of power blue with the silver frame on the web, they're all black. That's how it came from factory? I just painted my '05 frame and engine semi gloss black, turned out well and would recommend it.