Flashing 09 FZ6 ECU?

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it possible to flash the ECU on an 09 FZ6?

A bud of mine who flashes ECUs says he don't see anything out there for FZ6, not even from flash-tune.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Flashing 09 FZ6 ECU? --> ECU Unleashed

Iirc, ECU Unleashed can do it.
:thumbup:

PS I called them about a Group buy. They said they would but it wasn't much of a drop from the $500 flat rate.

Aside from fueling, our bikes will wake up with a bit of ignition advance in the lower gears.

Our issue w/a GB is only a few want it, its costs allot, we can't edit it, we'd all be down waiting for our ECMs get there, get flashed, ship back + the few that want it are all in different countries. :(

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Flashing 09 FZ6 ECU? --> ECU Unleashed

:thumbup:

Ps i called them about a group buy. They said they would but it wasn't much of a drop from the $500 flat rate.

Aside from fueling, our bikes will wake up with a bit of ignition advance in the lower gears.

Our issue w/a gb is only a few want it, its costs allot, we can't edit it, we'd all be down waiting for our ecms get there, get flashed, ship back + the few that want it are all in different countries. :(

holy f&^$%^$ !!!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
$500? Yikes, that's quiet expensive. What would the benefit of this be vs a fuel controller?

They can bump the timing in lower gears. Right now its stuck at 5° Advance at 5000 RPM. Double it to 10° and the throttle gets responsive. I must say its tempting..... Why this route? Mainly because the products available for our bike are half baked. They don't look at all the paramters the ECU encounters nor give you the user the ability to take them into account for the basic fueling needs. Not to mention that by the time you buy both the Fuel and Ignition controller, its well over the $400 cost for group buy.

Reply email:

Thank you for your inquiry. We have a great Tune File available for the 2008 FZ6 ( I actually owned one personally). We remove the ignition retardation restrictions inside the ECU. We also improve the throttle response as well. We work on each of the internal parameters of each ECU including, removing any factory restrictions (ignition and/or throttle), optimize fuel and ignition curves, deceleration maps, throttle maps, rev limit,and many more. This allows us to maximize the potential horsepower while also significantly improving the ride-ability and control of the bike. On most motorcycles we are able to see between a 4-8% increase in HP and TQ and a general increase in the overall power curve. With ECUnleashed ECU reflashing service, we focus on removing anything inside the ECU that can hinder the bikes performance potential and maximizing the efficiency of your current setup. We are also able to accommodate for modifications that have been done to the bike (ie exhaust system, intake, etc) to build the perfect tune file for your application.
MSRP is $449 but we do work with people interested in group buys. If you can send us more then 5 we will process them at $399 including return shipping. If you are interested let me know and I can provide you with further information.
Thanks,
-ECUnleashed Staff

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah... I'm probably going to go that route then. I just don't have $400 to spend right now so maybe it'll be something I do later in the year.

motel6

Reaction score
Visit site
They can bump the timing in lower gears. Right now its stuck at 5° Advance at 5000 RPM. Double it to 10° and the throttle gets responsive. I must say its tempting..... Why this route? Mainly because the products available for our bike are half baked. They don't look at all the paramters the ECU encounters nor give you the user the ability to take them into account for the basic fueling needs. Not to mention that by the time you buy both the Fuel and Ignition controller, its well over the $400 cost for group buy.

Reply email:

Thank you for your inquiry. We have a great Tune File available for the 2008 FZ6 ( I actually owned one personally). We remove the ignition retardation restrictions inside the ECU. We also improve the throttle response as well. We work on each of the internal parameters of each ECU including, removing any factory restrictions (ignition and/or throttle), optimize fuel and ignition curves, deceleration maps, throttle maps, rev limit,and many more. This allows us to maximize the potential horsepower while also significantly improving the ride-ability and control of the bike. On most motorcycles we are able to see between a 4-8% increase in HP and TQ and a general increase in the overall power curve. With ECUnleashed ECU reflashing service, we focus on removing anything inside the ECU that can hinder the bikes performance potential and maximizing the efficiency of your current setup. We are also able to accommodate for modifications that have been done to the bike (ie exhaust system, intake, etc) to build the perfect tune file for your application.
MSRP is $449 but we do work with people interested in group buys. If you can send us more then 5 we will process them at $399 including return shipping. If you are interested let me know and I can provide you with further information.
Thanks,
-ECUnleashed Staff

July 18-20 Dyno Weekend - PNW Riders

Check this out...ECU reflash beginning @ $200

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
July 18-20 Dyno Weekend - PNW Riders

Check this out...ECU reflash beginning @ $200

Interesting... hey if you're a member over there, ask what utility is being used.

Is this part of an "ECU Unleashed" group, I ask as few bikes can be tuned without adding electronics and few on that thread mention anything of that kind. That said unless you "know the bike" an on the fly tune may not be a 100% WIN if you know what I mean.

There is a phone number which my be used on tho! :thumbup:

dego2007

Reaction score
Visit site
here is upload of connecting and pinout of yamaha ecu flashing from year 2004-2007 and 2008 - up. The name of ecu flasher is PIASINI master v4.1 and cost 50$ on ebay and aliexpress. It is very easy to use.