FOR SALE#2: Two touring windshields ('07+ FZ6)

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
***BOTH WINDSHIELDS ARE SOLD***

TOURING WINDSHIELDS: Fit the '07 and later year FZ6s only.

PM if interested. Prices do NOT include shipping. Shipping is from zip 49224.

I am selling both of my touring windshields. They are both similar in size (9-9.5" higher than stock) and are clear. Both retail for $160 new. The CalSci is a tiny bit higher (it's the "Large" size on their website), but the CeeBailey curves upward more at the top (it's the tallest one they make; they recommend it for riders 6' tall or taller). The CalSci is slightly wider than the CeeBailey at the top (it is squarer at the top, whereas the CeeBailey is rounder). Both are about 5" wider than the stocker at the widest point.

I am 5'11" tall and both shields worked really well for me. I used each for about one year. I preferred the looks of the CeeBailey and the way the rain flows off of it (away from the middle). The CalSci is a bit more stable at speed (doesn't flex quite as much) and it offers just a tiny bit more wind protection, and it is heavier). I'd STRONGLY recommend you purchase some metal screws at your local hardware store to secure these windshields- DO NOT rely on the crappy plastic Yamaha screws on your stock windshield. The CalSci offers a larger opening near the bottom to reduce back pressure, and it makes it easier to clean. The quality of manufacturing is a bit better on the CeeBailey screen (in my opinion) in that you don't have to push on the screen to secure it to the bike.

Both windshields have some small scratches from regular use. The only scratches that are really easy to see are the lines where the shields rub against the mounting surfaces on the bike. You won't see these when the shield is mounted on the bike. I've babied them as best I can, but each has more than 9,000 miles of riding on it in all sorts of weather. I've also tried to take accurate pics, but you can't see scratches with a camera. There are no cracks or significant dings on either one. I have not polished either of them. If you're looking for an inexpensive touring shield I'd recommend either one. If you want perfection, buy yourself a new one instead.

Here are both. In this photo, item (4) Calsci is on the RIGHT side. (5) CeeBailey is on the LEFT.

IMG_0155.jpg

More info....

(4) CalSci "Large" windshield. More info at..... Yamaha FZ6 Windshields

My price = $70 + shipping (will be shipped in the original box)

Calsci
fz6_no_case.jpg

Calsci
IMGP0849.jpg

-------
(5) Cee Bailey windshield (tallest model they sell) More info at.... Yamaha FZ6 2007 & UP Replacement Windshield - Our latest 2007/up Yamaha FZ6 windshield takes up where the factory shield left off.

My price = $70 + shipping (will be shipped in the original box)

CeeBailey
1pic_red_knot.jpg

Last edited: