For those that did the FZ1 bars

aaronshum

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the FZ1 bar, no riser needed, just adjust the angle with the bar on lock position and it'll clear the tank.

Best $50 I've spent ever.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It cost me $9,430.00 OTD... I tried to buy the bars and they told me I had to take the whole bike under it. ;)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Disagree. If the bars are set up correctly, they will clear the tank just fine and still provide a position which is infinitely more comfortable than stock FZ6 bar.
Many of us run FZ1 bars without any additional hardware.

I agree. I had no problem with clearances.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the FZ1 bars and was wondering what about the bar risers. I am sort of tall 6'1" and sort of lanky bit it's the riding position and saddle that makes all the difference. Everyone has a different build and style of riding. I actually might try the risers to see if that might make it even more comfy riding. How much does the steering dampener help the steering?

Thanks

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do the FZ1 bars clear both the 2004-2006 style fairing as well as the 2007+ style fairing?

Yes. Fairing is never the issue. The issue is the tank. If you rotate them too far down, controls will hit the tank at full lock.
Combination of rotating controls forward and setting the bar just right will allow clearance on any model year.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It cost me $9,430.00 OTD... I tried to buy the bars and they told me I had to take the whole bike under it. ;)

You might be amazed at how close to the truth that is.. :eek: I stopped at a Yami dealer this week to take a look at FZ1 bars on a bike (new demo bike) just to see what the sweep was, and to sit on the bike and feel it in person..

A sales lady at the dealership came out and of course tried the sales pitch, and I told her I was just looking, and was interested in the comfort of the FZ1 handlbars over the FZ6 bars. This confused her, and she asked me if I was going to switch and buy the FZ1 and trade in my FZ6??:eek:

I think she was pretty bummed when I asked if I could just trade handbars, instead? One of the other sales guys started laughing at her and told her to leave me alone, and then pointed at the parts department if I was intersted in buying a set of FZ1 bars. :D

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put on a pair of Rizomas along with the bar ends. I had the FZ1 bar on the past 2 months and liked it was better than stock but really wanted to try out the Rizomas because they look really nice. Well it put them on and took a dremel to grind down the nub on the inside of the trottle and clutch side mounts and had them installed in 30 minutes along with a new pair of pro-ride black grips.

I felt the new Rizoma bars were about 1/4 the weight of the stock FZ1 bars and took the bike out for a ride today and will keep the Rizomas on...They have the same sweep of the FZ1 bar but a slightly taller by 1 inch or so and they felt great to ride with.

Here are some pics.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the Rizoma bars, along with their grips and bar ends. The difference made is huge. Very happy :thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anesi

Reaction score
Visit site
I felt the new Rizoma bars were about 1/4 the weight of the stock FZ1 bars and took the bike out for a ride today and will keep the Rizomas on...They have the same sweep of the FZ1 bar but a slightly taller by 1 inch or so and they felt great to ride with.

Thank you so much for the pics. It looks fantastic :thumbup: You definitely made up my mind :D I'm gonna go with the Rizoma bar. Guess I'll just take mine i black to go with the bike - and to preserve coolness ;)

Buy orders are imminent :)

/Anesi

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But.. But... But.....
The Rizoma's make me decide on color!!!
I can't decide!!! I could get blue like the color of my bike, gold hich is the color of cool accesories, clear like the stock bars, black to set off the bars and match the interior of the fairing... I can't decide!!!

And thanks to everyone who's mentioned these bars.. They're exactly what I was after!! Perfect sweep, and slight rise. As mentioned, best of both worlds!!!

But I now hate all of you that I thanked, because I'll spend the rest of the day deciding on color.. :)

MA001_01.jpg

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is what I did when I converted to the $38.00 FZ1 bars. I had all the stuff in the pic ceramic coated. Plus a picture of the TS seat.

The seat is great and the bars were well worth the effort.

Next I want to black out the rear sets.

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I also jumped on the FZ1 bandwagon! For the handlebars that is. My bars should be here this week (56 from dealer after HST...12%tax, bleh), and then the HVMP bar-ends are in la la land, aka customs, and some new awesome grips should be here shortly following the bar ends. I think I'm going to use some special paint my father has to paint them either black or blue. It holds up better than powdercoating so should be like the rizoma's for half the price :)

Looking forward to it! Then the bike gets splashed with some fresh paint...once again. I hit some dirt at the beginning of the season and have been riding naked because I was too cheap/not enough time to fix her up. She will be new and very improved soon! I've never posted pics, but she's a white with blue pearlesence. looks hawt.

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question; Does anyone know the diameters, length/width/depth, of our FZ6 steering bar? I'm not sure if I'm going to get a Rizoma bar or one of the MDI bars, the link below is dutch but.. you'll figure it out :thumbup:

Link