Former coworker killed this morning

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For 14 months I was the Chief Engineer for ICBM Maintenance here at Hill AFB, 2010-11. This morning, traffic was all screwed up coming into work, something happened on the main road between the west and east campuses on base. Soon learned there was a bad motorcycle/auto accident, then later learned the biker, from the ICBM group, was killed. Don't know yet who it was, or how it happened, but I'm a bit shaken right now.
New riding season, folks; be very careful, and keep your left thumb close to the horn. :(

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its pretty harrowing when its someone you work with, I went though the same a few years ago.
Condolences to you, the riders family and friends

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Condolences to everyone involved. Unfortunately, this is the price we can pay for enjoying our passion. Like Scott said, always ride like you are invisible. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry that you have to experience something like this. Must really hit close to home on this one for you Botch. Riding a motorcycle has it's risk, but it's up to you do reduce that risk.

Taking a refresher course might help ease your mind and improve your confidence. I have taken a personal pledge a long time ago that I take a motorcycle class ever two year. When I was up in Idaho for 3 years, I took it upon myself to take a class from the Idaho Stars Motorcycle Safety Program, and just last spring, I took the Carson City Sheriff's Citizens Advanced Riders Academy taught by the local motor units. I have also taken the pledge to wear all my gear on every ride and never drink and ride, not even one beer. If I know I'm planning to drink, I make other arrangements and leave my bike parked at home.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rip to the fallen rider.
Very sad news.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk