Frame question for rebuild

Icarus89

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm looking to rebuild my 2009 fz6 after an accident this past weekend and thankfully my buddy, who's a motorcycle mechanic, is helping with the rebuild. We need to get a new frame, does anyone know if there's any design difference from the 2006+ models onward as far as the frame design is concerned?

Also. does anyone have any experience with obtaining a salvage title with a rebuild like this? I figure we'll need to register the bike again with a new VIN if we're replacing the frame.

04 to 09 are the same except color. It deffers from state to state here in nj you can bring it to a reinspection at DMV and they can remove the salvage on the title also you have an 09 if you get an 04 frame the bike is now consider an 04 so for value it may not be worth it. You can buy a new frame from part shark for just under $1000 but no title. I checked you have to bring the old frame to DMV and they will tag the new frame with a sticker and a dot number.

I can understand the question of lowering the value by switching in an 04 frame but I don't plan to worry about the resale value until I actually have it running, plus wanting to hold onto it for awhile is what made me decide to try fixing it up in the first place.

Back